--1

Lloyd woke up, quickly sitting up, drenched in sweat, and gasping for breath, yet at the same time, breathing hard with a racing heart. He slowly turned his head towards the wall, remembering his dream, though better titled nightmare. Seeing nothing, he looked at his small digital clock on the nightstand. It read 4:06. Lloyd slid out of bed, going to take a shower, not being able to sleep anymore. 

He grabbed dry clothes, and took soft steps to the door. Suddenly he froze and clutched his  head; which was suddenly pounding wildly. As soon as it came, it was gone. Lloyd was scared again. 'What was that?' He shook his head and continued going to the bathroom, putting it behind him. Of course, he locked the bathroom door, like usual. 

Lloyd turned the shower on and adjusted the water temperature, and then stripped down, hopping in. He washed his hair and then stood there for awhile, thinking, completely lost in his thoughts until he heard tapping on the door. 'Did I wake them up?' Lloyd poked his head out of the curtain, listening for more taps. Sure enough, there they were. "Who is it?" he asked, softly knitting his eyebrows. He didn't get an answer. Lloyd sighed, and grabbed a towel, tying it around his waist. 

He stepped out of the shower and unlocked the door, opening it and peeking out of the crack. He looked around but didn't see anyone there. "It's too early for pranks, you guys." Lloyd sighed. Still no one said a word, nor made a sound. Lloyd started to shut the door again, assuming he imagined the sounds. Just then, as the door was almost shut, it started opening again--though it was as if someone was pushing it open. 

Lloyd let go of the door to see who was opening it, now knowing someone was there. He wasn't really scared, just annoyed. The door fully opened, but no one was there. "What the..." Lloyd muttered. There was absolutely no one there. At least visibly. Lloyd felt a presence behind himself. He looked over his shoulder; and just then, a hand sharply grabbed Lloyd's shoulder.