- -16

Lloyd could have slept forever if Kai didn't come and shake him out of his mind. It was night time but didn't that give him a pass to sleep more?

"What's wrong with you? Where have you been? Lloyd? That was so not cool." Kai seemed very disappointed, and just as worried.

"I'm sorry-I-I can explain. I mean, actually, I can't. But don't be mad." Lloyd shut up before he said anything else.

"Don't be mad? How could you tell me to not be mad at you? I've been so worried about you. And you aren't helping to ease my nerves, either! What's gotten into you?"

Lloyd stayed quiet. "I...um..."

"You what?" Kai waited.

Lloyd took note of Kai's expressions and body language, and the fact he came here alone. "Nothing, but Kai? Why did you come here? It's so late."

"I told you. I've been worried. Lloyd, I..." Kai trailed off.

Lloyd waited for Kai's response until he felt eyes from across the room. He looked up and spotted Morro peeking out from the curtain. He thought to himself why Morro was there now. Lloyd brought his attention back to Kai, who looked like he wanted to say something, and he did.

"I don't want you to leave me." He took Lloyd's hands. "As direct as it sounds..."

"Kai..."

"Just promise me." Kai shook his head, "What am I doing? I'm sorry. I'll go." He stood up and pulled away from Lloyd, turning and leaving the room.

Lloyd had no clue what was going on and sat there, confused. He heard Morro laugh just a little bit, but when he looked over, he wasn't there, just the  remains of his angry aura.

Kai felt miserable for choking up the way that he did. Why couldn't he just speak? He looked up at the elevator ceiling. Lloyd was going to hate him forever.

Morro so badly wanted to make that elevator crash. But he wanted to relay a message before he hurt him. Not a lot. Just a little.

Kai got off and waved at the nurses who walked by, winking and then turning his head, just in time before he just about smacked into the door. He pulled open the door, stepped out, and let it shut behind him. He was about to comment on how nice it was outside until a cold wind whipped at his face.

Kai turned the corner of the building into the alley which worked as a shortcut. Just as he did that, he felt a strong hit to his stomach.