- - 17

Kai made a pained sound as he got in the stance to fight his attacker.

Morro chuckled and grabbed Kai by the  neck of his shirt, only to get kicked in the side, making him let go.

Kai got a glimpse of Morro's face, and scowled, holding a fist up to block Morro's punch. "What are you doing here?"

Morro cocked his head to the side, "What am I doing here?" He twisted Kai's arm away from him, "I could ask you the same."

Kai scrunched his face up and threw his own set of punches at Morro. "Are you here for Lloyd? Stay away from him."

Morro chuckled again. "I've been here for Lloyd. I'm here now to tell you to back the fuck off my property."

"He isn't a thing! He doesn't belong to you! What makes you think Lloyd would ever let you be around him again?"

"I don't care whether lets me or not. Some days I've had no choice but to force him to simply look at me! But I've been inside his head. I know that without me he's just a broken figure of nothing."

"And you're the one that broke him." Kai was very clearly infuriated. He threw many quick punches regardless of the fact he knew he was missing each time.

Morro just smiled. "All the better for me. Nothing makes me happier than seeing him suffer." His eyes filled with a desire and his smile got wider. "Just the thought of me being able to hurt someone so much..."

Kai didn't let him finish. "You're sick! How can you live with yourself? Don't talk about Lloyd like that. Not around me."

"He's let me do so much to him."

"Shut up!"

"Jealous? I think I've simply touched his hands more than you've ever touched him in your life. I'm going to take him and I'm going to break him as much as I want to. And you'll never get him back! No matter what I do, I know I can make him love me. More than anyone ever loved you."

Kai didn't know what to say. He promised to protect Lloyd and he's already failed at that. Pain was right under his nose the whole time. And now he can't even help himself.

He got lost in his dilemma and found himself being pushed to the ground, Morro's foot on his chest, holding him down.

"Face it, Kai. I'll always be better than you."

Kai looked up, seeing how strong the wind was blowing now. Morro's hair followed the direction of the wind, blowing hard with it, behind him and into his face. Kai gave up. Of course Morro was better. Such a cruel being could take such a prized place amongst Lloyd.

"You're..." A tear ran down Kai's cheek, "Better than me."

Morro didn't look phased at all.

The wind calmed down and then Morro looked mad again. "Do you understand what's mine, now?"

Kai didn't respond right away. His mental power wouldn't let him agree. "He isn't...Yours..." he pushed Morro's foot off of himself and sat up. "Lloyd. Isn't. Yours! I'm not going to let you control me! I will never bow down to you!"

Morro rolled his eyes. "Is this the part where you rise up and defeat me, winning the heart of Lloyd and saving the city from evil?" He didn't give Kai the chance to respond before he shook his head. "Nice try. It isn't going to work like that today. Get up."

Kai got up, his body tense with a fire he wanted so badly to unleash as a strong anger. He swung his arm back and landed it fast into an unsuspecting Morro's jaw.

Morro kneed Kai in the gut and punched him in the face back, only missing the second time when Kai pulled his head backwards.

"You never learn, do you?!" Morro grabbed Kai by his hair and pushed him hard, still head first, into the building on the right, creating an alley side.

Kai felt the brick dig into his forehead, tearing skin. He saw white as his brain crashed straight into his skull. He felt lightheaded, but didn't blackout. He fell slightly, and Morro then forcefully pushed Kai down to his knees.

Kai watched the blood from his forehead run down onto his nose, to across his lips, down his chin and neck. Along with his head, his side really hurt. He didn't have the best advantage today.

"I hope you understand who your master was today." Morro scowled, harshly letting go of Kai's hair and with a firm turn, he looked back once and then left Kai down on his knees in the dark. It was cold as if there was a chill...But just like Morro, the wind, was gone.