--3

A few days went by and Lloyd was completely fine. No nightmares, no waking up in tears or sweat, and no more encounters. One was enough. 

Kai still had questions, but stopped asking when Lloyd didn't open up to giving any answers. Lloyd had this feeling if he brought it up, bad things would happen again. 

Though it didn't. Even when he thought about it. Nothing happened. Maybe after Morro talked to him, he decided to stay away for good and let Lloyd be normal. 

Of course, as expected, Lloyd's short amount of time being okay didn't last. The following night, Lloyd was getting changed into his pajamas. He wasn't worried about anything--until the lights went off. At first, he thought there was something wrong with the electricity. When they didn't turn back on, he figured someone was playing a prank. When no one jumped out, he knew something was wrong. Not just something, either. Not just anything. One, certain, person.

Lloyd involuntarily shivered out of hidden fright, which got him the sound of short laughter. "Scared already?" Lloyd knew the voice too well to hope it was someone else. Lloyd turned around and faced Morro once again, who had that signature smirk upon his face. "What do you want?" 

Morro ran a hand through his hair, "Can't old friends check in?" 

Lloyd looked disgusted, "Are you serious?" 

"What? I'm being rejected already?" 

"Get out." Lloyd pointed to the door. 

Morro looked furious, "How dare you speak to me that way." 

"I'm sick of this! You can't scare me anymore!"

"Since when?"

"Since I opened my eyes and realized I was acting like a child and you're just a bully." 

"Just a bully."

"You heard me," Lloyd put his hands on his hips, "please, leave." 

"I'm afraid I can't do that." 

"Why?"

"Why?" Morro mimicked, "I guess I'll just have to show you." he disappeared suddenly. Lloyd looked around, wondering what just happened, what he just said, that new persona that just came over him. He didn't see Morro. But he felt someone come up behind him and put a hand over his mouth.