Chapter 1 (Rewritten)

Sitting in white pristine soft interrogation room. I couldn't help but be nervous, tapping my fingers on the table, waiting for the detective to show up. It was all a part of the bigger plan. I knew it but it didn't make it easy when you are here sitting as a witness for the illegal crimes that your husband performed.

There was a clink of the door followed by a thud of the steps as Detective stood before me.

"Apologies for making you wait this long." He pulled the seat and set on it.

"It's fine."

"I am really sorry to involve you in this all considering your condition. "

He looked like he meant it but It didn't matter. He was doing this all just because he was hired to. I didn't know his reason for doing this all but I could tell that he wasn't a bad man.

"Should we get started?" He had his index finger on the button of tape record. I told him that I preferred audio instead of video.

"Is it necessary? I mean it's not like I witnessed a murder." I tried to pull the lie of my lips with a shrug of my shoulders.

"I have the documents which help you to get my husband in jail at least for some days until you find some solid proof for his activities."

I pulled the set of documents from my bag which I took from my husband office containing information about some of his illegal activities. I placed them on the table.

"All right. It was just a formality. I wouldn't want to make uncomfortable. You already helped a lot."

He took the documents and open the file looking swiftly through all of the pages before placing it back on the table in between us.

"If your threatened. You know we would provide you security. Just give us a call."

I nodded simply, stood up and walked out of the room. One step outside. My composure fell. I couldn't keep it in. It was like I was drowning in ocean of despair with every emotion negative hitting me in form of waves.

I saw the symbol of the ladies washroom. I just went in without a second thought. The need to vomit was so strong that it had me running on me heels until I finally threw my guts in the commode.

I set there on the floor of police washroom with tears streaming down my face. I managed to stand up a minute later and walked out.

I stood in front of basin opening the tap filling some water in my palm and rinsing my mouth with it. I splashed some water on my face.

Staring back at myself. I could tell that I looked bad. The dark rings under my red eyes with pale skin. The glow was lost due to the stress.

My hand went to my bulging belly. I wanted to keep this little one safe so badly that it made me go this all even with all the warning signs.

I loved someone with a complicated life full of dangerous turns which in turn made my life complicated. It made me learn in a hard way that

"Loving wasn't simple pouring your affections and care on that particular person. It was righting their wrongs and stopping them from walking further down the wrenched path."

In my case. I was trying to to do the second thing because I couldn't do the first. Two years earlier and I wouldn't have dreamed that life would take me here.

My life was supposed to be simple and happy with marrying the person that I loved and living a peaceful life but it turned to be opposite of it all.

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼

Two years earlier

Standing on the Westminster bridge with my hand on railing. I breath deeply taking in the crisp morning air My shirt clinging to my body after a nice jog from my apartment. My hairs in a ponytail with a band on my head keeping them back. The sweat dripping of my temple.