Chapter 5 (Rewritten)

"Why are we watching this again?" I asked Jade who was sitting right beside me on sofa munching on popcorns.

There was this movie called Set it up that came on Netflix. Jade thought that it was a good idea to watch this one so she played it on Netflix on my L.E.D screen.

I was anything but interested in the movie. It was good comedy but too cliche for my liking. I couldn't make myself interested in it even if I tried hard.

"You would like to watch just Harry Potter. Yes I love that wizarding world but there is something like way too much."

I could only just look at her as she now took some caramel popcorn from my bowl. This girl really had a nerve. She always spend the night in my apartment whenever she had a problem with her boyfriend and by that it happened too much.

"What did you two fight about this time?"

I took some of the Carmel popcorn in my hand and stuffed them in my mouth. I just loved the crispy caramel taste.

"You know the same usual."

She answered nonchalantly. I knew that they would make up tomorrow again. It was kind of routine. They were like those old married couple who fought and then made up.

My phone ringed. I wandered my hand on the sofa to feel for the cold device. At the last, I found it under the cushion. I pulled it out checking the name on screen.

"Hudhayfah."

The name lit and blinked on the screen. It was Sunday and 9 o'clock in the night. The time of call wasn't that inappropriate and could be considered professional.

Why was I even thinking about it? This man called me on my personal number. I think we were past that professional boundary.

Elina must have sent the mail about the meeting with Sofia and her lawyer which was to be held tomorrow. Was the call about that he had changed his mind and no more wanted the settlement. I think that I should just attend the call and hear what he wants.

I placed the bowl on the table and stood up. I walked from living area into my room closing the door behind for privacy. I sighed before sliding the slider to the right with my thumb.

"Salam."

I could hear that deep husky voice whisper in greeting from the other end.

"W. Salam." I greeted back hesitantly not knowing the purpose of this late phone call before he could say anything. I started to talk.

"You must have received the mail about meeting. Is there any issue with the date or time? I thought it would be better if we get it done before the first hearing."

I was met by silence from the other end. He must have been processing my long talk. I really did asked him a lot in one flow. I never really behaved like this.

"There is an issue about the fact that you didn't inform me through my personal number when I insisted persuasively."

He really did know how to smoothly talk someone into doing what they want or just drop his disapproval so nonchalantly that it didn't look like one.