Chapter 34 (Rewritten)

Hi everyone soory for the late update. Keep reading and voting on my story and comment too. I will appreciate it a lot. The readers are always the one who make a story always a worth while for a reader. I would appreciate if you tell me about you thoughts.
And the word "Noor" is an Arabic word which mean spiritual light.
I hope you enjoy the part and have a nice day.

It was midnight. I was sitting on sofa in living room dressed in nothing but a silk camisole ready for bed but sleep was out of reach like every other night. I knew that I would just give up after a few moments like I did daily and will take the sleeping pills. It was a daily routine for me. The nights were colder these days making the silence more loud. The winters were getting close. I had the card given by detective Jones in my hand. It felt like it was taunting me and again I had too much in mind. I needed a bottle of wine but here I was only with peppermint tea to soothe my nerves, apparently even nonalcoholic wine could be harmful in pregnancy.

It had been two week since my meeting with detective Jones and the day I fainted in office. I had gained weight since then. My belly was more heavier then before and it was popping out that's why I started working from home going out only when needed. Specially in camisole it felt really big. The baby's movement were more noticeable. I didn't ask the doc to tell me the gender. I wanted to enjoy being ignorant. Since last two weeks Zakariya accompanied me to lunch.

He had been very understanding and patient. He also tried to help me with all emotional stuff but the things that detective Jones said remained in a small part of my mind. I was curious. It wasn't easy to get the information about illegal work that we were being done under the name of the Abram legacy. It was a legacy to give the  company to first born son in Hudhayfah's family. It had been going on generation after generation. Not many knew about all the illegal work. Even not all workers were aware only specific at high post were aware. The employment contract also had the clause that make their work in company or anything that they came across while their stay in company confidential and if the contract was broken then there was a high amount to pay.

So the fact that detective Jones knew about it, was itself surprising. It wasn't an easy information to come across. It wasn't easy for me to get the information. I had to take help from some people who owed me two or three favours. There was another question. I couldn't understand the reason of detective Jones coming forward to me about this. Did he took me an easy prey?

He thought me as easy person to manipulate or if we take this directly. The weak link that could betray Hudayfah. He was brave to get against a person like Hudhayfah. Being separate from my husband helped me to know more about his other side that he kept hidden. Hudhayfah wasn't known for his kindness in mafia world. Most people never tried to cross him. He was the kind of person who made promises of his words.

I looked at the card once again with my eyes burning hole in it. I heard a sound like opening of door. I got scared. The card still in my hand I stood up slowly to not make much noise. I thought about the guards that were always close to my place and did they know the someone was breaking in.