Chapter 4 (Rewritten)

Friendship and love should never mix up. It makes things awkward. Friendship is something solid. Its like a waterproofed emotion that can't damaged easily but love it's a emotion filled with doubts uncertainties and insecurities.

You know the saying "Everything is fair in Love and War." Just look how they have actually linked War with Love. War is destruction in which no side wins. There are always losses. It leaves it mark in history that could never be erased.

Love. Isn't it the same thing? People in love has done such heinous and vile acts that history even weep. The story about the first murder in history of Islam is an example of this love.

There were two sons of Adam. Elder brother Cain was in love with his twin sister who was married to his younger brother Abel. It infused jealousy in him which lately lead to an inextinguishable fury when Abel sacrifice got accepted by Allah. In the blind rage and fury he killed his own brother.

I don't want that kind of love where both Romeo and Juliet kill themselves to be together in eternity. What is this kind of love which tempts you to suicide? It's pure destruction.

Is point of love is to be only together? Can you not love someone from distance? Why love have to be all about possession?

Now this wrenched love was all about destroying my friendship. I looked at the empty vase on my table. There had been no fragrance or sight of flowers for last two days.

Zach and I have been awkward with each other not exactly knowing what to talk about. We weren't able to converse properly. Even the simple work related conversation felt strained. I couldn't handle it anymore.

I heard a knock on the front of my office door.

"Come in."

I kept looking at empty vase with distress. It was second time after yesterday that I had an empty vase. I don't know why but I couldn't help but think that this was what going to happen to our friendship. It would become just empty as this vase.

Elina must have noticed my distressed stare on that vase to promote her to ask me the same question again.

"Should I get it filled?"

"No not necessary." I walked to the chair behind my table and set on it.

I took the ball point and pushed on its upper point repeatedly looking at the documents before me.

"Did you schedule a meeting with Mr Khan secretary?"

"Yes I talked to his secretary yesterday. We both agreed on 3:00 pm as in today."

She was about to walk out of the door when I gave her a call.

"Elina get me a coffee and thank you for everything."

I made a habit of appreciating her time to time. I believed that a small appreciation did wonder. Like it did just now as she gave me a genuine smile. She was pretty with those chestnut hair slim figure and brown eyes.

She walked out of the office with a happiness in her body language that couldn't be hidden. I knew that my little appreciation would make her work harder. It was humane thing  wanting to be respected and when you respect someone then they put more heart into their work giving it their all.

I pulled on my reading glasses looking at the gathered information. I hope that Mr Khan would hear my view and give it a good consideration. I knew that he may not be very nice about it at first but I had to try.

It was best for us to go through settlement. I have thought about it all and considered everything before chosing this as a best choice. I sincerely hope that he would be able to see my point.