Chapter 31 (Rewritten)

Happy eid to everyone. So here is an update. I hope this eid brings a lot of happiness in you life.

I was lying on our bed waiting for Hud but he didn't come. He wasn't present even at dinner and when I asked Edmond. He didn't gave me an actual answers. I guess he was still angry with me. I tried to make myself fall asleep but with all things in my mind, It wasn't easy.

My pregnancy was a thing that was constantly in my mind but Hudhayfah's ignorance to me was playing a major role in keeping me up. It felt like he was avoiding my existence. It wasn't like I was able to sleep so I wore a robe over my camisole and decided to look in Hud's office. He could be there.

I walked out of room. The estate was always known for it silence at day but at night it felt like everything was quite. Nothing could be heard. I didn't need to look in piano room to know that Hud wasn't in there. Because if he had been there he would have been playing and the music would have been flowing in each and every corner of this estate.

I quietly walked downstairs. I walked toward his office. I was opening the door when I heard a thud sound from the basement in front of his office. I ignored the sound but then I heard another thud sound. I walked to the basement and opened the door with a very little sound. The door was unlocked today.

I walked down the stairs which opened into wide room. The room was dark and only an orange bulb was flickering above a man who was on floor. He looked to be his early forties. There was a fresh gash on his head from where blood was dripping. He had many other fresh bruises and wounds on his face. I remained frozen on third step as a man come in view and stood before the first man. I couldn't see his face due to darkness and with his back toward me. He had a gun on his hand. He pointed the gun toward the man head. I could see the terrified look on the first man face as other man pulled the trigger. The bullet pierced through the centre of his head.

It was a clean head shot. I gasped as my hand flew to my mouth. My heart was beating fast as the man turned to face me. The light flickered on him revealing his face. The same that I touched many times had a hard look and murderous glint. My eyes grew wide as I recognized the man as my husband. He had a surprised look in in his eyes which quickly turned into panic. My eyes flew from his face to the gun in his hand and then back to his face. My mind couldn't process it for a second and then I looked at the man behind him and then it came all in.

Adrenaline rushed into me and my feet started carrying me backward. As I got out of basement, I ran to our bedroom. I closed the door as tears started pouring from my eyes. I don't know how but I changed into a shirt and jeans. I took out a suitcase and packed my clothes.

I walked toward the living area with suitcase in my hand. I was walking toward the door when I heard his voice call me. "Noor."

I stiffly turned and saw him standing there with so many emotions in his eyes. There was a distance of six steps between us. He took two steps in a fast pace toward him. "No stop right there." I spoke out with my voice loud.

He kept looking at face with anguish in his eyes. I swept my eyes over him one last time and then turned toward the door. I walked out and found Anderson there with the door of the car already open for me. He took the suitcase from my hand.

I got in the car. The whole ride passed with hollowness in my chest. The city lights passed by my eyes. They felt dull. If you feel dull the world also become dull to you.

I got in my apartment. My gaze lingered on the place that I haven't seen for long. I liked this place so I didn't sell it and further more it was reward of my hard work. I walked toward my old bedroom and stood before the mirror. I looked at myself and then my gaze fell to the ring on my finger in mirror.

I took the ring off my finger. I inspected it in my hand. I placed the ring in a jewellery box on the dressing table.

I took a seat on my bed and closed my eyes. The scene replayed itself before my eyes. It felt like every puzzle fell into its right place. I concluded with his body language that it wasn't his first murder. There was no hesitation in pulling the trigger. There was no tremor in his hands and his muscles remained rigid. The shot was clean and swift.

All incidents since our marriage rushed in mind. I concluded that Hudayfah khan was in mafia and he was the head that's why the need of a heir. The mafia families always relied on their traditions and rules. I had no idea what to do with this new profound information about my husband..

Hudhayfah P.O.V:

She was gone. I remained standing there as she left. The six feet distance between us as she stood there with mistrust in her eyes felt more like miles to me. I watched her leave me. I don't know how much time passed since then. Edmond came toward me.

"Sir what to do with body." He asked me.

"Dispose it." I answered him as I walked outside. I met Anderson there.

"Any problem in the way?" I asked him.

"No sir, I took her safely back to her apartment as per your instruction." He answered me.

"I want you to look for someone trustable for 24/7 surveillance on her discretely and until then you will be doing that." I instructed him.

"And I want every single report about her daily on my table." I told him further. I knew I was breaking the promise that I made her but she left me with little choice.

I walked back to our room. I stood at the threshold of the room. I didn't feel like entering in as it just dawned on me that she wasn't laying on our bed waiting for me. All of the burden fell on my shoulder once again without her presence to relieve it. Her smile just made me forget about all my sins. I sometime felt that it was too good to be true.

I took at seat at edge of bed. I made a mistake by not telling her about my line of work. I should have eased her into it slowly. I just wanted her to remain unaware and didn't want her to be tarnished by this part of my life.

The man in the basement was behind kidnapping of noor. I took a trip to Italy to get more information on him. Somehow my men found him here in London. They gave me call just after I fought with noor. In my anger, I went straight to city then I brought him in my basement, tortured him a bit and murdered him after he confessed.

I am Hudhayfah khan. One of the well known Mafia lord of the world and he messed with my wife so he already decided his fate. I feel no remorse of my deed. I felt relieved when I heard from him that she wasn't raped.
It was just a threat. I also got that he didn't send the video. I already knew about that video before Noor because I found the camera at same place where I found her that night. I was angry that day because I didn't want her to see it. I wasn't sure of the consequences on her mentally but she handled it with bravery.

I was desperate for a child not only because my family required a heir but also due to selfish reasons. I wanted to tie her up with me by our child. I thought that it would make her stay with me even after complete knowledge of my life. I was glad that she didn't take off the ring but I wasn't sure that she would keep it on. I checked my phone and her location was indicated to be her apartment. The ring actually had a microchip embedded in. It helped me track her.

I will give her space but I wasn't letting her go. She is my wife and she will remain so until the day I die. She will come back to me. I was determined. I knew that only this determination would make all those days that I have to spent without her easy for me.