Chapter 6 (Rewritten)

We were standing in the elevator which was actually going up. There was utter silence. A comfortable one at that. I couldn't keep my curiosity which lead me to break this peaceful silence.

"Is there another floor?" My hands held in each other at middle with my finger intertwined.

"You will see."

I could tell that he wasn't going to give a proper answer. Was he trying to surprise me? What else could be there this high up if not a floor?

A mischievous smile played on my lips. "A rooftop."

It wasn't that difficult to figure out but I really wanted him to give me a confirmation. I turned my head to my left.

He curled his lip down tipping his head sideways as he sighed.

"You are smart. Remind me to be cautious."

"You don't need to be." The reply came like a reflex. I didn't need to pound on it even for a second. I was astonished of the believe that I was putting on him.

"Maybe I do."

The conversation turned from playful to serious. The atmosphere tensing up. There was a hidden message behind those word. It felt like a warning but I wasn't sure.

I started studying him. He was good looking but that wasn't the only thing that had me looking at him. He had this dominating aura around him but his eyes they gave away everything. Maybe it was only me that felt like this because I was the only one trying to read them But I felt like they called to me and they wanted me to read them.

The term was right. "Eyes are the window to the soul but only if you were wiling to look past through these window." And in my case I don't know why but I was more then willing.

"What are you staring at Noor?" He asked in soft tone filled with curiousty when he felt my gaze.

His question. Ya Allah his question. It pulled me out of the universe of those grey silvery blue eyes back to the reality. The attraction it scared me.

Noticing the grey of his voice wasn't shocking but noticing the silver and blue flecks was as It took a lot of observation. What was happening to
me?

My parted trembling lips couldn't form a word even through, I tried hard. The elevator dinged. He walked out while I remained standing there.

My index finger moved on my slightly wet cheek. I stroked the tip of my finger under my eyes. A tear drop. There was a tear drop. I couldn't understand how he could invoke such emotion that I never felt?"

"Are you coming?"

His voice brought me back from me reverie. I scowled my expressions back to normal. A fake pleasant smile curled on my lips.

"Of course."

The moment that I stepped my foot out of the elevator. I heard the familiar tone of violin playing "Memories of Alhambra."

My sight landed on rooftop with a large swimming pool at the middle. There was was some beautiful vines of purple and pink flowers adoring the wall at one side where there was a small stage on which a musician was sitting on a chair playing the tone.

There were lanterns hanging from a tree in it's shadow there were two chairs with table in between to lounge. It was close to railing to get the view.

I walked further in going straight toward the railing. You could see everything from up here. The whole city was in your sight The Big Ben, Tower Bridge, London eye. Everything.