Chapter 3 (Rewritten)

I walked into the office placed my purse on the desk. My gaze fell on to the bouquet of red chrysanthemum in the vase on middle of my desk.

Elina entered in my office with a knock. I sighed taking a flower out touching the petals.

"Zachariah was in my office."

It was a statement that I needed to say out loud. It couldn't have been anyone other then him.

"Yes. He came like usual and placed these flowers in the vase."

I took the flower to my nose inhaling it strong earthly smell. It was like the smell emitted from earth when rain fall on it. It was so good that I wanted to take lungful of it.

"What this one means?"

I couldn't help but ask her even through a part of me already knew the answer and Elina replied like she always did after I questioned her.

"Deep passionate love."

I look at flower once again caressing the petal before placing it back in the vase.

"You don't like them. Should I take them out?"

Elina was a good assistant. She noticed my displeasure or any emotion instantly that sometime it even irked me.

"No, they are fine."

I didn't have heart to ask her to take them out of here. It would produce a harsh message which I wasn't ready to deliver. Zach was getting bold in expressing his feelings day by day. I didn't know how long? I would be able tip toe around him on this subject but I know that I would until I can.

"You had a call from Pakistan." Elina voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I turned around and looked straight at her before asking what I didn't actually want to.

"Don't tell me it was my mother."

She pushed the large smart glasses slipping from her nose in upward direction.

"Actually it was your mother." I closed my eyes instantly thinking what to do.

"Stall her and tell her that I am in a meeting. I will call her in lunch break. I really can't handle her now."

I ordered her and she walked out of the office before telling me about my today's schedule.

I worked on another case and then gathered the information that I need to win it.

It was time for lunch break when I stopped working and checking out loopholes and different strategies to proof that my client was a victim.

I opened my phone checked in WhatsApp and then made a video call to my mother before taking a long deep breath.

The call was answered with in the third ring. I saw the face of my mother with a white duppata around her head with her fair strict face staring right back at me.

"Aslam Alikum. How are you Ami?"

I pulled a very polite smile on my face. We mother and daughter didn't get along much as we had very contrasting thoughts on life and way of living.

You could that she was very traditional and firm in her idea and I was modern with flexibility to hear other people views but it doesn't mean that they could change my point of view.

"When are you coming back?"

"Not yet. Where is Abu?"

I couldn't see him anywhere near so I directly asked her hoping for him to near so that I could just ignore her when needed and talk to him in a way that I didn't seem rude.