Chapter eighteen

Harry's Point of View

The sun rose and brightened up the room, causing me to rub my eyes. Already morning? I thought while lazily sitting up on the bed. The quick movement made my head spin. I'd hardly gotten any sleep the previous night, having thought so much about my idea. I threw on some pajamas seeing as sleeping naked was a strange, personal habit of mine and trotted down the stair case, yawning.

"Morning, Harry" Gemma exclaimed behind me, stomping down past me.

"Mornin'" I said croakily. Walking into the kitchen, it seemed everyone was already having breakfast. I sat down on a chair and poured cereal into a bowl.

"So, um..." I started, now beginning to pour the milk in. "Does anyone know when the x-factor auditions are?" I asked casually before taking a large spoonful of cereal.

"You trying out?" Gemma said excitedly. James lowered his newspaper, giving me a small smile.

"Well you know, you're quite lucky because the entries have already closed down since it's in about a month's time. But, I do have a friend who did applied but couldn't try out because of some family reasons. You could always take his spot" the middle aged man concluded, eyeing me curiously with dark eyes.

I nodded, smiling widely. "That would be great! Thanks James!" I exclaimed, and he nodded, smiling.

My mother entered the dining room with a pan balanced in her hand and a spatula in the other.

"Who wants scrambled eggs?" she announced, an elated look on her face. Everyone shouted "yes!", and for the first time in so long, I enjoyed a happy family meal. 

Elle's Point of View

I scrambeled the draws for loose paper or pens. Nothing.

"Dr. Heinz?" I said and the doctor turned her head to face me.

"Yes, Eliza?"  she Replied sweetly.

"Do you have any pen or paper?" I asked. The doctor nodded and  walked out of the room before coming in with what I needed.

"Thanks" I smiled sweetly, taking it and setting the sheet of paper on the small desk on the bed. I fiddled with the pen in my fingers, unsure

of how I was going to write this.  

Since Harry had written a letter, I thought it would make sense if I replied, right? But what to write was the hard part. I sighed exasperatedly, flipping the pen in between two fingers as I thought hard about what to write. What should I say? I groaned, burying my head into the palm of my hands. Glancing back to the crisp white sheet of paper that practically begged to be written on, I started to write unconsciously, letting the pen run smoothly across the page. Maybe I’ll just go along with it, I thought.

Dear Harry,                                                                                        Wednesday 4th January 

It had really been just another ordinary morning.

Looking back to it, its amazing how one person can influence you and how you live to such an extent. Even if everything might've ended in quite a horrible mess of loss and... pain; you were still worth it. Words can't describe how much i've experienced, dreamed... loved.

I remember walking up the steps of the bus that cold morning. My hair tied up in a messy blonde knot, the bright red scarf tied around my neck.... But what I remember the most is seeing you for the first time. I'll never forget it, Harry, no matter how long I live for. Those bright, piercing green eyes, framed by a set of dark eyelashes along with those thick chocolate ringlets that drooped over your eyes. 

I had quickly forced myself to look away, not realising that we had been making eye contact for so long. Its what they do, those eyes... your eyes. They make me loose track of time. Of life. 

I'd glanced around looking for an empty spot; the only one was next to you. I had walked towards you. As I sat down, you looked over to me and pulled the soft corners of your lips into a warm smile.

You were leaning against the window, those thick curls dancing with the motion of the vehicle, your eyes staring outside the window to what was going to be your new school. 

I miss you so much it's so hard for me. When you left me, a piece of my heart left with you. And that piece will always be with you. I love you more than words can say. 

Your Elle xx  

I let the ink stop, observing my handy work as if it were a masterpiece. Rereading it thoroughly once more, I folded it carefully so that the crease was completely symmetrical to the page.  Slipping it into the envelope, I took a deep breath. Lastly, I scribbled on the name and the address. That’s it, I thought.

Standing up from my bed abruptly, I slid a coat on, and left the small room. Dr. Heinz wasn't here, and I was feeling better, so i couldn't help myself but get out. The post office was only a couple of minutes away and I exhaled deeply when I entered the small, dimly lit post office, letting the warm air relieve my muscles. The lady behind the counter looked at me expectantly, and I handed her the envelope, which had a crease in it from how hard I’d clutched it with my hand.

The lady took it nonchalantly and then gave me a little smile. I left the post office with an empty feeling. Closing my eyes, I returned to the hospital in the brittle winter cold, in hope that my dissapearance went unoticed.