Chapter Twelve

So it turned out Lizzie and Page were roommates in the house, though Page usually stayed with Tom unless he was away with Mason and Lucas on business or on patrol duty. Apparently he'd been in charge of my guard detail, which were a few lonely nights I had to apologize to Page for and was another reason I could add to why I was glad I was sleeping over here.

Currently, Mason and I sat on one of the couches in a rec. room that had like five flat-screens, ten couches and a couple of kitchenettes like a college dorm.

Tom and Page were on another and Lizzie and Lucas were on another but the pair of them were definitely not mates. In fact, they were about as opposite of mates as you could get. I'm pretty sure they'd given each other a handful of death threats in just the one hour since I'd been here. We were eating pizza and planning to watch a movie marathon later.

Mason had felt bad for forcing me here, I could tell. He was being unnaturally agreeable and helpful, definitely out of character. At the moment, I sat on his legs, turned to the side, with my arms up, around his waist and my head leaned into his chest.

"C'mon, we have to have a Fast and Furious marathon, it's only right!" Lucas fought Lizzie. Page and I were pretty undecided and Tom seemed somewhat bored, as did Mason.

"No way, it's definitely a chick flick night, we finally have enough girls to outvote you guys!" Lizzie fought back. I rolled my eyes.

"Umm, no, we're equal now that Ava's here," Lucas reminded her and I held back a laugh.

"Ummmm, noo, we all know Ava and Page can get there guys to do anything," Lizzie's tongue rolling slowly over that word with a suggestive smirk to the both of us, which was met with Page's scowl and my blush,"so now that that includes the Alpha, I win. Chick flick it is."

I don't know whether Lucas was just stunned by that questionable math or he didn't want to argue with a certifiably insane person, but for whatever reason, he let her pop in The Other Woman.

About half way through this movie, I really couldn't hold my eyes open. It was only like 7:30, but here I was, ready to pass out. Mason's chest was just so comfortable though.

Surprisingly, no dreams followed me into my sleep, and a couple hours later I was woken as somebody shifted me into a different position, straddling Mason as he stood, holding both of my thighs up for support. My head fell tiredly onto his shoulder and curled into his neck.

I soon realized just how amazing his neck smelled, the warm, woodsy scent seemed to be multiplied by leaps and bounds here and I couldn't help myself. Before we were even out of the rec room, I moved my lips up to the very height of his neck, just below his ear, and landed there, sucking in deeply. His steps faltered slightly and some covered chuckles and giggles came from the other end of the room, but I didn't care.

A minute later, I was thrown down onto a bed, not in the rough way that would have reminded me of Jackson's forced enjoyment, but in a way that turned me on to no end because my mate had come down right after me, leaning on his fists on either side of my head for support. But those inches of space were just too far. The satiny sheet beneath me was forgotten in my ache for his contact.

"Mason," I gulped his name, feeling blind without him, even though he was right there. Right at this moment, the boy happened to be smirking above me, enjoying as I squirmed in need. Oh he'd get payback for that eventually. But right now, right now I pushed myself up off the bed and clung to his neck and waist, forcing my lips to meet his and he came willingly back down onto the bed with me.

I felt his hand on my exposed hip, my shirt had slid up in our 'activities', and shivered. Next his fingers trailed up my skin to where my shirt's hemline lay, exposing half of my stomach. With one fluid movement, my entire torso was exposed and the shirt was over in some corner somewhere.