Chapter Thirteen

Love. It was a strong emotion, one I'd only really felt to my dad, but I had a feeling it wasn't the same. It sort of freaked me out, the whole idea that someone was so attached to one person that they truly loved them, it was sort of suffocating in a way.

So I did what I knew would divert attention from the potentially serious conversation it looked like Mason wanted to have. I trailed my hand from his chin down to his chest and further, feeling up his hard-on. He groaned, his eyes shutting, making me smile partially because when he did open his eyes again, that look was gone, replaced by a possessive need. I held my other finger up to my mouth, signaling to him to be quiet since Lucas and Lizzie were still asleep and anybody else from the pack could walk in on us right now.

He rolled his eyes and lifted me up, jumping from the couch. I straddled him, yet again, so I couldn't see where we were going. I would have expected his room again, but apparently that was too far away. When we feel back onto a chair, we were in an office, his office, the Alpha's office.

It looked nothing like Jackson's, creepy, dark lair of a room, with a set of windows directly behind the desk and well lit bookshelves lining the walls, as well as a set of couches for meetings. Right now, though, Mason had sat in his chair, a large leather and mahogany office chair. And so I continued, running my hand beneath his boxers, up and down his member, sometimes softly, sometimes squeezing the thing. I had to admit, between the noises he made, the look in his eyes when they weren't shut in pleasure, and the warmth and size of it, I was getting pretty turned on myself. Then he came. And I sighed, leaning against his chest as he gasped with heavy breathing.

His hand came up and held my head, petting a short section of my hair while he kissed the top of it. And for awhile, we sat there. Then I saw the clock.

"I think you ruined my near perfect attendance record," I teased, not actually caring about my attendance record in the slightest. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind hanging here all day. But for my dad's sake, considering he'd get a phone call saying I wasn't there and think the worst.

"I have prep today for the Alpha's Council coming up anyways since it's going to be here, Lucas will take you, then I can focus." He sighed, looking over me at the piles of paperwork he had to get through. Again I felt guilty for taking someone else away from where they needed to be. I nodded, peeling myself from him.

"I'll see you later," I said quietly, not wanting to bother him any further, but he took my hand and I bounced back, smacking against his bare chest. He didn't even flinch, just kissed me right on my forehead. I sighed and smiled dreamily before leaving.

"Stay safe," was his last call before the door shut.

"Hiaaaggghhhh," Lizzie yawned as she passed me in the hall.

"Morning," I sighed, joining her on her way to the dining room.

"So, you're now doing the Alpha," she started and I nearly choked on my own breath.

"Wha-wh-huh-mm?" I sputtered oh-so-intelligently. She just widened her smirk.

"That's what I thought," her knowing look had a blush covering my face,"relax there, you're mates.'' I sighed, realizing how right she was. We were mates, this time I didn't have to tiptoe around afterwords, hoping nobody would notice me leave the Alpha's room, disoriented and aching. Even though Jackson had forced me to do it, I still got backlash from jealous girls in my old pack. I would've happily let them take my place, but it hadn't been my choice.

''So, the ditcher's actually gonna make it for a few classes today?'' Lucas teased, entering the kitchen behind us. I looked at the clock after noticing that the two of them were both dressed and I was still wearing only Mason's shirt. Squealing, I sprinted past the pair of them, towards Mason's room, handing the glass of half-downed orange juice I'd gulped off to Lucas.

Thankfully, my clothes were all in one piece and besides Mason, Lizzie, Lucas, Page and Tom, no one at school had seen my outfit yesterday and I could rewear it. I had to tell Mason to get me some clothes if he expected me to have a prolonged stay in his room. I think quite a few people would become suspicious if I came in with his friends, wearing the same outfit day after day.

''Ava! I know how weird this is to you, but I actually like to show up on time,'' Lizzie called, and I stumbled back into the hall, wearing my clothes from yesterday. This earned a smirk as she spun and started heading out towards the front door.

As we got back outside, seeing the trees gave me a sudden flashback of the girl from yesterday. I couldn't break the uneasy feeling that she was nowhere near gone.

"Hey, at least it's Friday,'' Page smiled, shouldering me on the way to school. I had been put in the back, with her in the middle and Lizzie and Lucas in the front. Tom was on patrol duty this morning.

''Woohoo! Cheers to that!" Lucas cheered and I laughed at his childish exuberance, feeling as though I'd never grow tired of it.

"Tomorrow we should go on that shopping trip we never got to!" Lizzie squealed and I groaned.

"Kennings baby!" Page cheered.

"I dunno guys, Mason probably wants you to stay in our territory, Ava,'' Lucas warned.

I smiled with the innocence of a cherub, if that's even a thing,''What if his best friend were to accompany us and watch out for any bad guys?''

Lucas groaned as his only answer. I had a pretty strong feeling I'd won.

---

''Alright, I'll let you know if anyone suspicious enters my territory. Yes, I won't touch her. I have my own mate, Jackson,'' Mason's low growl had stopped me from entering the room, it had been obvious his patience was dwindling. The name he'd uttered at the end had completely stopped me in my tracks. Jackson was looking for a girl. One guess who that lucky girl was. ''Yes, I will see you Friday.''

Friday. I had one week to find a reason why I had to avoid a visiting Alpha. A good reason, one that Mason would actually believe and not let his stubborn; little, mind find a way around.

''Ava?'' Mason's voice seemed to wake me back up and the door swung open before me. I was gathered in his arms and pulled close, as Mason inhaled. I could feel his heartbeat practically cut in half after taking in my scent. It would have been weird, if I hadn't done the exact same thing, reciprocating the action and getting the same result.

''I missed you,'' I whispered just loud enough for him to hear and he sighed, contentedly, against my neck.

"I missed you too, Angel,'' he exhaled, holding me about a foot above the ground. My feet were starting to fall asleep at a dead hang like that, so I wrapped my legs around his hips.

''I need clothes,'' I suddenly remembered after a silent moment of satisfaction. He sighed in response and nodded, letting me climb down.

"I'll go bring the truck up,'' he replied, then walked off, but not without a lasting kiss to my forehead and a suggestive wink in my direction.