I can't fix you.

No one's POV

Mara dragged herself back to the waiting room with a look of despair on her face.

She wanted to run.

She wanted to die.

She wanted to be with him.

"He's gone" she heard Patricia say quietly to the others as Mara sat in the middle of the floor still with an unreadable expression. "Mara it will be okay" Willow said soothingly. "Okay? How will it be okay? He's dead Willow! He left me and now I'm alone." she starts incredulously but ends in a whisper. Willow staggers back, removing her shaking hand from Mara's bare shoulder. Patricia stood still unsure wether to comfort Mara or go and cry in the bathroom. She chose neither and rang the others.

Suddenly Fabian, Nina, Amber and Alfie burst through the large revolving hospital doors. Nina instantly grabbed Fabian and dragged him to the desk, asking for a nurse to check his hand. It is clear that he punched something and ended up with a broken hand. "Where are the children?" Joy asks hesitantly unsure how Mara would react. Mara's head snapped up at the mention of children and instantly remembers what he told her. One of his last sentences. To her.

"With KT. She felt as if he was intruding since she didn't know him that well" Amber says in her not-so-quiet whisper tone. "Can we go?" Mara asks standing slowly. No one says anything. "Please?" she asks in a teary voice.

"Do you want a drink? Food? Blanket? Pillow?" Joy asks fussing over a distressed Mara. "I want my husband" she says loudly which causes Jaden to start crying. "Mara is there something you want I tell us? Something he told you to say" Patricia says calmly whilst rocking Jaden slowly. "You heard?" she asks quietly raising her head up. "Only that. I promise" Patricia states genuinely. Mara nods before going upstairs. She had some packing to do.

"Mara?" the voice was uncertain, shaking. Mara turned to face the invader of her silence but was visibly surprised by who stood there. "What do you want?" she asks bluntly, returning to her cold aura. "I know I didn't know him that well and I've never lost someone like you have so I'm not sure what to say but I figured you needed someone" KT says fiddling with her hands.

"To do what?"

"Anything. Listen. Be shoulder to cry on. Absolutely anything."

"Yeah, well I have plenty of people available in this house to do those things" she says turning back to her suitcase. "I know, but they're grieving too. They lost a friend when you lost a husband. It's a shock to me that he is gone but I haven't got much grieving to do so I can be here. For you." KT explains softly. "You've always been here for me, since that week" Mara says siting on the bed. Not on Mick's side, though. KT took a seat next to her. Again, not on his side. "You needed a shoulder and mine was available" she says placing a dress in the suitcase, neatly folded. "Yeah. It was quite a week"

*Flashback*

The tears wouldn't come until it seemed real. The reality would be heartbreaking yet nerve wracking. "He's going to hate me" Mara whispered at the wall which currently held an enlarged photo of herself and Mick. "Mara have you seen my red....what's wrong?" KT said hurriedly barging into the room unannounced. "I'm just packing"

"Why? We still have two weeks left"

"I'm in trouble. Big, deep trouble so I need to leave. Today"

"Mara you can tell me anything"

Mara sighed loudly before bursting into tears. "I can't tell anyone. I can't trust anyone"

"I think trusting someone you don't know that well with a secret is better than someone you do"

"How so?"

"They know your past, I don't. They know you so well that they will instantly judge you for one mistake but I can't judge you because I don't know you that well"

The both stayed silent, processing KT's wise words. "I'm late"Mara suddenly blurted out. KT looked shocked but quickly recomposed herself. "How long? Have you taken a test?" She asked sternly. "Two weeks and No" she said shaking her head "If I do it will make it more real and I don't want it to be real. It can't be real"

"Just take the test Mara. Real or not, you new to know. This will be our secret, I promise. Anyway it could be due to stress" KT said attempting to lighten the already depressing mood.

3 hours later

"I've got the test. Are you ready?" KT whispered running into the bedroom Mara was currently holed up in. "Yes, I'll be out in five minutes." She said grabbing the test and running into a bathroom of Anubis house.

"What is it?"

"Positive. I'm pregnant. I'm having a baby. I'm going to be a mom in high school. I'm not ready for this. Mick's not ready for this. We're not ready for this. He leaves for Australia tomorrow. What am I going to do?" Mara began rambling but both their thoughts were focused on the little being growing inside of her.

*End of flashback*

"I wasn't prepared for what came next. It almost killed me" Mara said quietly as a rogue tear fell. "Did you ever tell him?"

"No and I will never get the chance."

KT nodded in vague understanding. "I just hate knowing that there are things he will never know about me and me about him. I can't fix this. He's not damaged, he's broken beyond repair. I can't fix him"

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

I've got to let this Mara storyline play out before I can get my focus back to peddie. I have a storyline planned for them so be patient. Peddie fluff will be happening but it will be sided with drama.