Panic Cord

Patricia's POV

It's been a 6 days since the revelation of Brooke's child being my was-to-be fiancé. I panicked. I always panic. I can't leave, neither can he or Brooke which is fantastic. I needed him just as much as I need oxygen. I haven't left my room-our room- in over four days. Food and drink is brought at the appropriate times, but other than that my interaction with the outside world is nonexistent. Willow wants me to stop being immature. Amber wants me to make Brooke leave. I want to stop feeling so sick. "Trix?" The voice is different from the usual perkiness of Amber giving me food. "What do you want?" I almost snap. It's a weak snap though. My voice has almost disappeared due to the lack of use. "Just hear me out" he says sitting on the edge of my -and his- bed. "I just wanted to say that I don't like seeing you like this. Everyone thinks your overreacting but your not. Remember that year you and Amber spent with Brooke?" I nod at Alfie slowly, knowing where he's going with this. "I was scared so far out of my mind that I felt physically sick. Constantly I would want to ring you, to see if she was OK, but i knew you wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. Eddie loves you, your on the verge of death without him. Put it right." I nod, understanding him fully. Suddenly, I'm hit with a wave of nausea. I spring into action, jumping from the bed and sprinting in the general direction of the bathroom. I reach the tiled bathroom in just enough time to empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet. "Are you okay?" Alfie asks as he holds my hair away. I always thought Eddie would be the one doing it. My face falls as tears leave trails on my cheeks. He rubs my back as I lean over the seat. "That came out of nowhere" I mumble beneath the salty water. "Your not, you know, late? Are you?" He asks nervously. That is not what I expected him to say, at all. "Only a week or so. I put it to stress though" I mumble wiping my eyes with one hand and fumbling around my toiletry bag for something. "There's something I need to try" I say hurriedly, pulling the little white pregnancy box out the bag. "Can you wait outside?" I ask a wide eyed Alfie. I don't wait for a response before shoving him out the door. I pulled the panic cord, now I'm in the most awkward possible position. Positive? Negative? I shouldn't have pulled the panic cord. I shouldn't have left as things got hard. How could I have been so sure on marrying him when as soon as presented an opportunity I pulled the panic cord?

Comment if your still reading.