I'm only me when i'm with you

Eddies POV

Depression isn't an illness. It's an extreme emotion that can push someone to the edge. I'm not quite on that extreme but I'm not at my best. I have a child; a daughter. Although children is not really in my current state of mind I'm still happy, sort of. Brooke, evil vindictive, Brooke the mother of my child, the mistake I can never erase, the bane of my now seemingly pointless existence. Don't get me wrong I've always wanted children, when I've been happily married for a year or so and I'm settled with no major debt, but I guess now is going to have to do. Jenny, my daughter, arrived exactly seven hours and thirty six minutes after Patricia walked out of the room. Brooke seems to be over with moon with joy, she told me she just wanted a loving family. 'So?' I had asked, 'Well, now I have one. You and Jenny.' She had replied confidently. I had them made it perfectly clear that I did not love her and I most certainly did not wish to continue expanding our loving little family we had. Obviously, she scoffed in a very unladylike way before storming away like a 4 year old. Jenny is amazing, beautiful and smart but nobody, including me, sees anything remotely similar between myself and Jenny.

"Daddy, can we see Aunty Trixie?" Jenny asks from the seat beside me. "She's not feeling very well, sorry princess." I mumble just clear enough for her to understand. "OK." She remains quiet for a moment or two before she smirks a very Brooke-like smirk. It's quite unsettling. "Do you want to know a secret about my mummy?" She whispers loudly. I nod not anticipating those words. "She had a wedding with my Daddy" she starts giggling softly before bouncing away and outside.
I shake my head with a small heartless chuckle, the things Brooke will do.

I haven't felt the same since Patricia walked out. I've felt empty as if she took something from me that only she can restore. It's happened one before. It's almost as if I cannot be me without her. As cliché as that sounds.

My thoughts are abruptly cut off by Alfie darted down the stairs in an almost frenzy. "Alfie? What's wrong?" I ask jumping up from the seat I was in. I know he went to see her, I hope she's okay. "You need to see her, man. I don't know what to do. She needs you. You're her fiancé, be there." Alfie is so wise at times, I don't know how he does it. "Not anymore" I mutter dejectedly, running a hand through my hair. "You always will be, always have. You know that, if anyone can fix this, it's the two school Rebels"
"High school is long over."
"Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get yourself up those stairs before I call Amber in to make you. Do you want to face that?"
I stay silent and unmoving. "Alfie, I heard my name is everything alright?" Ambers voice and heels echo along the hall. "Do you?" Alfie whispers as if he's on a lifeline. I look from him to the stairs. She needs me as I need her. I take off up the stairs as I hear Alfie greeting Amber. Only one thing is on my mind.

What's wrong with Yacker?

Thanks for sticking by me, those of you who have. Thanks for reading. I'm really am trying to write quicker.