Chapter 8

Sayer's POV
I was on my way to Akiza's house when something happened. Or, rather something was about to happen.

I could just feel it. Something wasn't right.

Does she know? I should get out of here shouldn't I?

Oh shit I should just-
"Hey!" I turned around to come face to face with the person I was here for in the beginning.
"What are you doing here?," She snapped getting off of Yusei's bike. Yusei fixed me with a glare, getting off his bike to join Akiza.
" I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out,Aliza," I replied smoothly. She scoffed.
"First off, my name is Akiza and secondly, why the hell would I want to hang out with you?," She questioned.
"Because...why wouldn't you," I replied.
"Well...I have better things to do then "hang out" with the likes of you," She spoke and walked up the stairs to her house.
"Oh and Yusei, I had fun. We should do it again sometime," She spoke to Yusei.
"Yeah I'd love that," Yusei responded. Akiza smiled and closed the door behind her.

Yusei turned to look at me. His glare not weakening.
"I don't know what you're up to but stay the hell away from her," He threatened.
"Or what?," I asked stepping closer.
"It's not going to come to "or what." If you know what's right for you you'll back the fuck off," He threatened again. Though his gaze was intimidating I didn't give in.
"Whatever," I scoffed and walked away.
Akiza's POV
What the hell was Sayer doing here? Didn't he have anything better to do?

I sighed and flopped on my bed. What am I going to tell Carly?

The truth? Lie?

I can't, she's my friend. It's her job anyways, and the public has a right to know.

Sighing, I picked up my phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey,Carly,"
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
"Okay, Akiza. Tell me what you saw when you got back home." And that's what I did. I told Carly everything.

Every single detail. Including why I didn't come forward in the beginning.

At around 11:00pm we finished with the interview and Carly decided to stay the night.
"You really didn't have to stay, you know that right?," I asked her. She smiled.
"What kind of friend would I be if I didn't?"
"Thank you, Carly." I hugged one of my best friends.
"You should get some sleep," she commented. I nodded and went to sleep.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
I wish I could tell you everything was normal from that point on. If I did...that would be lying.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
"Murderer!"
"Psychopath!"
"Lunatic!"
"Sicko!"
"You're a disgrace! Lock her up!"
"Put her behind bars!" Students shouted other slurs as I entered school. Well, I guess the death of my parents was in the news this morning.
"Why is she still here! Lock her up!," Misty spoke.
"Lock her up? Kill her!" Another shouted.
"Enough!" My head swivelled to the source of the voice.
"I've known Akiza all my life. Sure she didn't get along with her parents but she would never murder them. Come on Akiza let's get out of here," Yusei spoke and gently grabbed my hand.
"Where are we going?"
"Somewhere peaceful. Somewhere where you can explain what the hell is going on." I sighed. Today was going to be a long day.