Chapter 23

I can't take it anymore. I know they said they don't mind helping me but I do.

I don't want them to get hurt. Especially if I was the reason they got hurt in the first place.

I sighed and slammed my head on my desk. Should I just run away?

No. I can't.

Though I should. I'm going to be found guilty anyways.

Who would do this to me? What did I ever do to anyone.

The stupid civil rights movement. I can't believe I was that stupid to blindly follow Sayer to ultimate destruction.

Yusei and the others are the only people who didn't give up on me and the only people who managed to save me from myself.

How could I abandon them? After everything they have done for me...it's impossible.

I snapped out of my daze and found myself at my locker. Slamming my locker shut, I slung my bag over my shoulder and headed to my second class of the day.
"Akiza! Hey! Wait up!" I turned around and my eyes met with ones that belong to one of my best friends, Crow Hogan.
"Hey, what's up?," I asked.
"Get out of here," Crow said.
"W-what?"
"You aren't going to win his case. The only chance you have is to run," Crow said shoving me towards the door.
"But, I didn't say goodbye. Crow, I can't-yes you can and you will. You have to."
"I'll take care of Yusei and the others just get out of here." Crow opened the door and pushed me out. I sighed.
"I'm going to miss you. You know that right?," I said. He nodded.
"Of course I do now go." I gave him one last smile before walking away.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Crow's POV
"I can't believe you told her to go!," Yusei screeched.
"Crow! That's going to make her look guilty. I'm going after her. Don't try and stop me." Yusei pushed past me and walked out of the school to search for his morning star.
Yusei's POV
I looked everywhere and couldn't find her. Sighing, I walked into my garage and sat down.

I looked to my right and saw a note that broke my heart in more than a million ways.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
I'm soooooooooooooooo sorry guys! As you know I've kind of lost inspiration for this story but I'm continuing anyways. High school has been stressful and it's only my second week but really sorry guys! I know this book doesn't have a lot of reads but for those of you who read this book you guys are troopers for actually putting yourself through this. Thank you for putting up with me. Hopefully...another update coming soon.
-lynch