Chapter 22

Akiza's POV
"Trudge! I didn't do it! Why would I want to kill Roman and Sayer?"
"Yeah, Trudge. Akiza was with us all night anyways. It couldn't have been her and-Alright, alright," Trudge interrupted.
"If it's not Akiza who killed Sayer and Roman then who did?," Trudge asked, narrowing his eyes at us.
"Come on, Trudge. You know I didn't do it," I pleaded with him. He sighed.
"I do. The judge doesn't. Things aren't looking good for you."
"I know."
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Yusei's POV
"Okay, guys, we all need a break. We have been at this for the past two hours and haven't figured anything out. Let's go for a ride or something," I suggested.
"Yusei's right, Akiza. We need a break," Crow stated. She sighed.
"Okay you guys head out. I'll meet you at the park," Akiza said. Everyone nodded and left except for me.

I walked over to Akiza and wrapped my arms around her.
"It's okay. We'll get through this. Together," I whispered into her ear.
"You promise?," She asked. I nodded.
"I promise."
"I love you. You know that right?," She asked me. I nodded.
"Of course I do. You know I love you, too, right?," I asked. She nodded and smiled.

I leant down and connected our lips together.
"Come on. There probably already at the park waiting for us."
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
"Guys? You need to see this," Bruno called. We walked down to where he was.

In front of us was a race track.
"My dad was planing on tearing it down to build a school," Akiza said. Crow gaped at her.
"What! But this is where we'd ride when we were little! He can't do that," Crow said. Akiza laughed.
"It's not like he can, Crow."
"Oh. Right. Sorry, Akiza," Crow apologized.
"It's fine...so...who wants to race?"
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
"I almost had you, Yusei! Admit it!," Jack cheered. Yusei smiled.
"If you ask any real racer, Jack, they'd tell you it doesn't matter how much you win by. A win is still a win," Yusei replied. Jack grumbled and plopped next to Carly in the bleachers.
"Don't be a sore loser, Jack. Yusei can beat anyone. Well, except for Bruno. How do you manage to beat Yusei anyways, Bruno?," Crow asked. Bruno shrugged.
"Skill?," Bruno guessed. While everyone else was picking on Bruno, I couldn't help but let my mind wonder off.

There's no way I'm winning this case. I'm putting my friends in danger because they want to help me.

I'm a terrible person. I'm a terrible friend.

I'm a terrible-
"Hey," Yusei said and took a seat beside me.
"What are you thinking about?"
"How I'm a terrible person and an even worse friend," I confessed.
"Stop. You are a great person and one of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. You're not a terrible person because you let your friends help you out when you needed them most," Yusei explained.
"Then why do I feel like it?"
"Because you're scared about what would happen if we don't solve this case. I'm going to be honest with you. I don't know if we can pull this off. But I have hope. And I believe that if we have hope anything is possible. We still have time to prove your innocence don't worry. We got your back and we're not going anywhere."
"Thanks, Yusei," I said and pulled him into a hug.
"Anything for you. I'll always be here for you. We all will," He hugged me back.
"I know you will. That's what I'm afraid of."
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
I'm so freaking sorry guys! I haven't been updating as well as I used to and I can't apologize enough. I hope this update kind of smoothed things over and a new update will definitely be coming soon. Thanks for the cooperation.
-lynch