Chapter 28

Yusei's POV
November 28. Today's date.

Akiza's final court appearance. The last chance she gets to prove her innocence.

I held her hand as we walked into the courtroom. Her cold fingers intertwined in mine.

Our hands separated for what would be the last time in what felt like forever.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
"I hereby find the defendant guilty of second degree murder." The judge pounded his gavel on the hard wood surface. Tears streamed down my face.

That one sentence repeating itself in my mind continuously. Akiza ran to me.

Salty tears covering her beautiful face. I wrapped my arms around her.

Together we sobbed. Our friends joined our hug and sobbed with us.

Trudge approached us, pulling us off Akiza.
"I have to take her away," He said, his voice hoarse. Salty water droplets threatened to fall out of his eyes.
"I don't understand. We beat Team New World. We had hard core evidence! How could they do this!?," Crow bellowed. Trudge let out a shaky breath.
"You guys have to get out of here," Trudge said.
"Why?," I asked.
"Because...you just can't stay," Trudge said. I shook my head.
"The love of my life is going to be in jail. I'm not going anywhere." I turned to Akiza.
"I'll wait for you. I'll always be here for you. I love you," I said and kissed her one last time. She smiled.
"I love you too."
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Nine years later
Akiza's POV
It's madness in here. That faithful day happened nine years ago.

I'm still here. I'm still here because they found more bodies,

They put me back on trial. Found me guilty of killing some of the most powerful people in the Satellite.

Why me? I'm just happy my friends weren't hurt by this. We're all 24 now.

Except for Leo and Luna who are 14. Carly became a world wide news reporter. Jack became the second best duelist  in the world.

Crow is still the Robin Hood of the Satellite. Leo and Luna are attending school.

Bruno, or Visor, opened his own shop. Sherry became the best female duelist.

And Yusei. Yusei visits me everyday.

He is the number one duelist in the world. He's still my boyfriend and I love him so fucking much.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone lifting the phone on the other side of glass. I smiled and brought the phone on my side of the glass to my ear.
"Hey," I whispered. He smiled back at me.
"Hey."
"What are you doing here?," I asked.
"What? I can't see my girlfriend on her birthday?," Yusei asked. My eyes widened.
"It's my birthday?," I asked. He rolled is eyes.
"Yes it's your birthday. You're now 25 just like the rest of us," Yusei said. My eyes popped out of my head.

I've been here for ten years?
"Yusei...why are you still here? With me, I mean? Don't you want something normal?," I questioned. He smiled and shook his head,
"Nah. Normal is overrated," he commented.
"But-I love you," He interrupted me.
"And if you're not living a normal life then I'm not either."
"Besides," Yusei continued.
"Why would you want to live an...god what's the word? It's a normal boring life," Yusei said shaking his finger.
"Oh I got it!"
"Why would you ever what to live a life that way? Why would you ever want your life to be..."
"Ordinary."
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Guys I finally finished this book! I know it fucking sucked but thanks for those who stood by me and were encouraging me to keep writing. I'm posting some chapters of my next book called "potent love" tomorrow! And it's a Raura fanfic so be prepared for that. Thanks guys I don't know what I'd do without you!
-lynch