Chapter 13

(I'm going to make you suffer here)

He didn't know how it became like this. With Prussia running in a heavily wooded area at night in the rain, desperately looking for Austria. He had finally decided to tell his brother he is married to Austria, but Germany didn't take it well. Now Prussia was searching for the both of them, because Germany was currently hunting Austria down like some rabid animal.

"RODDY! RODDY ANSWER ME PLEASE!!" Gilbert called out at the top of his lungs, there were so many reasons why he was desperate to find Austria first before his brother. While Roderich was very good in combat of any kind and could easily fend for himself against any nation, his legs weren't the same as they used to be and he had low stamina.

If not careful, Austria's 'demon' form would get the better of him and he'll become either a lifeless body or a rage fueled instinct driven monster.

But the one thing that scared Gilbert the most was if Roderich took too much damage then his body could heal within a certain amount of time, his body will shatter. Literally shatter, like glass, and it would the weeks, months for him to fully regenerate his body back, and Gilbert didn't want to lose him like that.

"RODDY!" The more he called out and ran in a direction he hoped was the right one, the more quiet it got. The more quiet it got, the scared he got. "RODDY PLEASE!" Gilbert had tears in his eyes. He couldn't lose Roderich. He lost so many people he cared about, he wasn't about to lose the love of his life.

Gilbert stopped to catch his breath, but he didn't stop for long. Just as he was about to continue his search, he heard a twig snap. He turned around and what he saw broke his heart. "Oh my god...RODDY!" Gilbert ran to him and held onto him for dear life. The damage that was done to his love, it pained him.

Roderich was missing his entire right arm, he was missing his left eye, there were bullet wounds and stab wounds everywhere, even in his 'demon form', three of the four wings and horns he had were ripped off, and Roderich looked like this was nothing to him.

Yet it wasn't nothing, Roderich needed to get home and regenerate before it was too late.

"Roddy...." Gilbert was sobbing. Why would West do this to him? Did he no longer care about Gilbert's happiness? Roderich sensed the emotional pain his edelweiss is in.

"Gil...please don't cry." Roderich tried to comfort his beloved, though his beyond injured state wasn't helping.

"HOW CAN I NOT?! WHY IS WEST DOING THIS?! WHY?! DOES HE LONGER CARE ABOUT ME?! ABOUT MY HAPPINESS?! WHY IS HE TRYING TO KILL YOU?!" Gilbert was having a panic attack. Roderich used his only arm and pulled Gilbert into a hug.

"I don't why he is doing this. Of course he still cares about you. I think he's acting on a rage to protect you. He's probably thinking I'll hurt you like Arthur and Ivan did." Roderich tried his best to stay calm and conscious at the same time.

"But you would never hurt me.....you've done nothing but love me ever since that day all those years ago." Gilbert stated. Roderich was always there for him even at times when he shouldn't have been, like in war, whenever there were no prying eyes Roderich would always be there to comfort or just be there for Gilbert. Especially after Arthur and Ivan both took advantage of him, sexually.

"Roddy please. Let's just go home." Gilbert didn't care about his brother anymore, he just wanted to get Roderich home before it was too late.

"Gil...Look at me." Roderich murmured to his beloved. Gilbert lifted his head to make eye contact only for Roderich to kiss him ever so gently yet passionately and full of so much love on his lips.

But the kiss didn't last long. There was a gunshot and just like a fragile crystal, Roderich shattered. Only leaving his glasses. "R...Roddy...." The life in Gilbert's vanished, leaving them hollow. And for the first time in a long time, Gilbert let out a bloodcurdling heartbroken scream. The tears just didn't stop.