Hinata Shouyou x Mute!Male!Reader [Requested]

a/n: Thanks to @SansJeff for the request! Hope you like it!

AU: Where your heart beats as long as your partner is happy/alive/smiling.

W A R N I N G S: angst

Title: The Beat Of My Heart

(m/n)-Male Name
(l/n)-Last Name
(e/c)-Eye Color
(h/c)-Hair Color
****************************

--Flashback--

(m/n) POV

"Hey, (m/n)! Don't forget to take your notebook!" mum yelled and I just rolled my eyes, taking a bite out of my bacon. Morning breakfast was the best and I believe that mum's bacon and eggs made it even better.

"I won't! It's already in my bag!" I yelled back and as I placed my plate on the counter, I put my shoes on, taking my bag in the process. "Bye, mum! Love ya'!" I said and I heard a faint 'Love ya' too' from the living room.

The day was surprisingly sunny and people wore smiles, which were really noticeable. No wonder why...

It was Valentine's Day, after all...

I like -no, I won't say love- that day because I always got a few awkward confessions, which ended with me explaining I liked boys and the girl ran off with a nosebleed. Jeez, girls these days...

Maybe it was my fault, maybe it wasn't but I just turned my head, immediately regretting it. A car was coming my way, at full speed -the driver nowhere to be found- making my eyes go wide and my legs to freeze.

That was the day I lost my voice.

The shock was too much for me and I wasn't able to speak. Ever.

--End Of Flashback--

My eyes opened wide as I start panting heavily, sweat forming my forehead and small tears running down my cheeks. I didn't even realize I was crying more, until the sweet thing I could call my boyfriend wiped them for me.

"Nightmare?" he asked, his sweet voice the only thing filling the dark room. I only managed to nod and look down, not wanting to look in his eyes -that would only make me cry more. He gave me a peck on the lips, making me blush. "Now I get to see you smile, again." he grinned and I managed to form a small smile.

'Thanks, Shouyou' I wrote on my phone -that was right next to me- giving it to him, making another grin appear. 'You really know how to make me forget!' I wrote again and he gave me a hug, the warmth making me feel all better.

"Please, don't think that I'll leave you..." he muttered in my ear, and I could feel my shoulder getting wet. He must have heard me talking to Suga when I said that Hinata will leave me because I don't talk. "Because if I leave you, that means I'm either dead or dead." he grinned and I smacked his back.

'Idiot! Don't say these things! You scare me!' I pouted and he rubbed the back of his head, giving me a peck on the cheek. I smiled and pulled him by the collar for a kiss, making him let out a small gasp of surprise.

After separating, he ruffled my (h/c) hair and stared deep into my eyes; brown meeting my own (e/c) ones. He smiled and gently grabbed my head, gently placing it on his chest.

"You hear that?" he asked and I rose a brow. He was talking about his heartbeat, so I nodded. "My heart beats for you. As long as you're happy, I live!" the ball of sunshine grinned and I smiled, pecking his lips.

'Then I'll never let anyone make me sad!' I wrote and Hinata gave me another one of his warm and adorable smiles, while we cuddled and fell under the covers -once again.

Life with Hinata is amazing.

He'd always make me smile, every single day. He's my everything and I was able to keep him close as much as I could.

Life with Hinata was amazing.

"(m/n)!!" Noya screamed and I looked behind me, seeing Noya with tears running down his cheeks and the others bitting their lips, trying to contain their tears inside, the majority failing. Even Tsukishima cried. But...where was Hinata?

"H-Hinata..." Daichi stuttered out and I felt my world crash. I managed to be happy when (r/n) almost beat me to death, today. I managed not to cry when I failed a test. But why, Hinata?

I was happy.

Why wasn't your heart, beating now? Why were you lying on a hospital's bed, the doctors talking about if you will die or live in the next two days?

I never managed to say those words. I just wrote them and you replied with your amazing and cute smiles, making my world shine even more. You were my everything, Hinata!

"(m/n), I'm sure he'll be okay." Suga said, rubbing my shoulder, making me lean on his chest. I forced a smile on my face, as I thought you laying with me, in your arms, while cuddling and saying funny stories about you and Tobio.

Speaking of, he's here crying his eyes out and gripping tightly on his shirt. See? Even the creepy setter wants you back, everyone wants you back! We need you back.

But most importantly;

we want your smiles back.

Your heart is beating, Hinata. I can feel it. Why? Because I'm smiling.

"I...love...you..."

Everyone turned and looked at me. My eyes were closed and a smile was on my face, silent tears falling from my eyes. I spoke. I managed to speak for you, Hinata. Now, will you come back to me? I want you in my arms.

"Good news." a doctor said and walked to us with a smile. "He's just fine, but he needs some rest." he finished and everyone let out a sigh of relief, wiping the remaining tears.

"See?" Suga asked, making me look in his eyes, a small smile on his lips. "I told you he'll be okay." he grinned and I nodded.

"I'm...happy..." I said and everyone grinned more, giving me a nice and warm hug -but it couldn't be compared with yours, Shouyou.

Now your eyes opened and you squeezed my hand, as I open my own, gasping when I saw your sweet smile. A grin appeared on your face, as you hug me and kiss my cheek, lovingly and happily, just as I grab your face.

"I love...you." I finally say. Brown eyes wide like volleyballs, as you cry and hug me tightly.

"I love you too, (m/n)! I love you so much!" you say and we kiss. Something I've been willing to do since I saw you -and manage to do all these times.

Yes, Hinata.

Your heart beats for me and mine beats for you.

You were right, after all:

'My heart beats for you. As long as you're happy, I live!'

So that's why;

The smile you always see on my face? 

It's so my partner can keep living on and on.

So, keep smiling.