Chapter 29 ~Discord~

~I'm not a fan of puppeteers, but I've a nagging fear, someone else is pulling at the strings. Something terrible is going down through the entire town, wreaking anarchy and all it brings~

CHAPTER 29 

Jiren

He saw you picking up your book slowly, he could see the confusion in your face, your cheeks were still red because of what had happened some seconds ago. "I gotta go" you said. He was confused too, not because of his feelings he had settled that already, but about his actions. He couldn't believe yet how you had the ability to make him lose control over himself like that. Damn he knew that what he was doing was wrong but he just couldn't stop himself, he had missed so much having you in his arms, safe... He had been so afraid of losing you last night, he thought for a moment that the story was going to repeat, that once again he was going to lose the only thing he cared about, he felt that fear again... He didn't sleep that night... He was training over and over and over again as he thought, stronger, stronger, more power... He needed more power, he needed to get stronger, he couldn't lose again, he couldn't lose anything again, this time he was close to losing once again something he cared about. A miracle saved you, you were safe thanks to your incredible healing speed and your power but if it wasn't for that you would have been dead by now, rage grew inside of him. This time it was different, you were alive and the ones that did that to you were still outside, free, alive.

And he was going to find them, he was going to make them pay for his actions.

The man picked his bag from the floor and began to follow you, close. He was curious... When he entered he saw you flying, in any other scenario he would have begun to interrogate you, to figure out what had happened, it was indeed something strange, no one could fly but the angels and the gods... but you... why could you fly? He remembered Sheron's words "Maybe she could help you with that"... everything about you was curious and mysterious, then he looked at the book you had in your hands, you looked really nervous when he had entered in to the room, what was in that book?...

-------

He had been quiet during all the way to the Great Priest's office. Now both of you were in front of Daishinkan's office, he opened the door for you and you got in as he followed you close. What was this? Goku, Toppo, and Dyspo were in here and the Great Priest was behind his desk, his office was quite elegant.

"Please my lady, take a seat" he said as he pointed to the chair in front of his desk, you slowly approached to it and sat, you were nervous, you remembered Toppo said he would talk to the Great Priest but you weren't expecting that he would do it this soon.

"Good morning... Your friends have told me about the act of violence of which you were victim, Mr. Dyspo told me as a witness his version of everything he saw..." he looked at you for a moment "but as I can see you are in perfect conditions" he said as he looked at your friends "Oh sir, she was injured yesterday but ehm welp she healed already"

"Healed... she healed in one night?... You didn't mention that"

"Actually, in minutes sir..." Dyspo corrected "When I found her she had a really big wound in her abdomen but it healed really fast, I don't know who did it. But their intention was to finish her..." Dyspo said a bit angry. The Great Priest then looked at you with a more serious expression it was weird "Something else to add?"

"Oh... uhm I don't know if this could be important but when I found Cornelia she was surrounded in a purple aura, and her eyes were red it was weird, I don't know if the one that did that to her had something to do with that... everything is really weird" When Dyspo said that Jiren remembered him... the murderer of his family, the one that had ruined his life over and over again... but he shook his thoughts away, maybe it was a coincidence, there was no way in which you two could be related. As Dyspo spoke the Great Priest didn't remove his gaze from you, but when he heard about the purple aura and the red eyes all his attention focused in Dyspo, even his smile vanished, his change was barely noticeable but you could detect it, in less than a second the Great Priest was smiling again. Slowly he stood up and then he began to walk "Cornelia... would you please stand up..." what was happening? This was really weird but you obeyed, in a moment the Great Priest was in front of you looking at you with that smile "May I?" he said, then you followed his gaze, he was pointing to your abdomen... he wanted to check out your abdomen? But the wound was already gone... "Yes, Great Priest"