A Little Argument

Vio's Point of View

"Vioo~~ You're back! Did you bring me breakfast?"

I heard my roommate call out as soon as I stepped into the dorm. The only thing he could think of right now was breakfast, and not his music exam today. In fact, he's late for it, again. I have no idea how they haven't kicked him out of college yet. After placing my coat to hang, and my scarf as well, I slowly edged closer to the kitchen. Which only consisted of a mini fridge, and one of those incredibly tiny portable stoves. I sat down on the floor, with my legs crossed, and opened the one and only love of my life. The fridge.

"No, but I can make you one. What do you say...Egg and uh...Egg?"

"Mmm. Anything sounds delicious if it's made by you." Shadow turned around, still laying in bed.

"Sounds delicious? Or IS delicious?"

"Both." He yawned, sitting up. His purple hair is practically a jungle. I wouldn't be surprised to find lice in that hairy mess. But, I wouldn't change him one bit.

"Two eggs sunny side up, coming right up." I tried to sound as cheerful as Red when he says his orders out loud, but my voice sounded as monotone and uninterested as ever. I plugged in the small device for the surface to heat, later two eggs were cooked on it. At least we don't need a skillet for this, that means less dish washing. When Shadows breakfast was done, his eyes widened all of a sudden.

Ahh, he must have finally noticed he was late for the exam.

"My gig!! I gotta play at the mall today! Urghhh!! Vaati will get so angry this time...Vio, where did you put my guitar?!" He tossed out his pile of clothing in search of the instrument.

I sigh deeply, he's more worried about the band he's in rather than his education. "It's in the closet. And don't forget to eat!"

"It's not here!"

"What? Of course it is! I saw it there last night." I set down the plate and walk towards the closet, his guitar wasn't there. That's weird, it's always in the closet.

"Did you put it somewhere else then?!" He was now in panic, he raises his voice when he panics.

"No, Shadow, I swear it was there."

"Violet! Don't hide things from me!"

"I'm not hiding anything. And aren't you supposed to be at an exam instead of a made-up concert?"

He blinked, then smirked, as if discovering the case of a mysterious murder out of a detective movie.

"I see...You hid my guitar so I would have no choice but to take that crappy test."

"No...That is not true, no matter how much I would have liked you to be more responsible about your life, I would never manipulate you!"

I couldn't believe it, our first argument is happening. My head was now in blank, there were no reasonable or logical thoughts. It was just...anger. He was accusing me of something I didn't do AND made a huge fuzz about it. What the heck!

Shadow huffed, and crossed his arms, his eyes narrowed. This is it, he's officially mad.

"Never manipulate me?! What about the time you lied about Vaati being sick, so that I would go read with you instead of attending our band practice?"

"He WAS sick! But even if he felt bad, he still practiced. I didn't know that until you told me the next day!!"

"What about when you gave me a veggie burger instead of a bacon cheeseburger so I would start eating greens?! We don't have the funds for healthy food Vio!"

"YOU don't, but I do! At least I know how to save and spend properly. You're talking as if we were a married couple. We don't share our money!"

"Well if you're so rich why didn't we rent a bigger, more comfy apartment?! Then there would be enough space, and a perfect spot to place my guitar!!"

"Like I said, I know how to manage my money! Those are just luxuries, not necessities!! And for the last time..."

I inhaled.

"...I. did. not. hide. your. GUITAR!!"

Without a second thought, my hands threw the plate of perfectly made eggs to the floor, smashing the plate into many little pieces, and the yolks spreading out all over the rug. Shadow quickly stepped back, giving me a glare, as if silently telling me: "You wanted to hurt me." Without wasting time, he took haste.

BAM

He slammed the door, slightly breaking the handle even. There goes our first explosive fight. After he left, I curled up on a corner of our small apartment to ponder about what I've done. I can't believe I actually lost my cool for a second, that's the one thing that I'm actually good at.

Without knowing how much time has passed, a cellphone vibrated. Without much motivation, I sighed sobbingly, and took out my phone. Quickly, I wiped my tears away and read the text.

"Vio! I need your help ASAP!!"

I grabbed a tissue to blow my nose, perhaps by helping Red with something I could feel better.

"Yes, what's wrong?"

"Come in person!! I need you! 😭"

"Calm down, I will be there as soon as I can."

I turned off my phone, and rushed to the bathroom. After washing my face, I grabbed my coat and wrapped the scarf around my neck. Hopefully Red doesn't notice my puffy eyes. The last thing I need right now is to talk about what happened here.