Complicated Relation

Shadow's Point of View

"Hey." Vaati calls out for my attention while I stop the car due to a red light.

"Yeah?" I reply, turning around to face him.

"Didn't you say you dropped off Vio by the university? I don't mean to be a snitch, but...I think you should take a peek at what's walking down the sidewalk. Over there, near the park." He pointed at the direction where the two of them strolled, and...holding their hands.

"Ho-Why-Whe-What....I thought he was already in his boring-I-forgot-what-it-was class!"

"Heh...Guess you thought wrong. Vio's always full of surprises, isn't he? Wow, and with Red...Who would have known?"

I fumed, not being able to take my eyes away from the sight of my Vio Vio holding another person's hand. Ugh! Right when I was starting to get along with that cry baby.

"Vaati, it looks like our hang-out has to be postponed. Do you want me to take you home, or stay and see what they're up to?"

"Nahh, I don't want to go home yet. Besides, I'd like to entertain myself by the drama that is about to stream." He smirked, and crossed his arms behind him to lay back on them.

Suddenly, the light became green, it was time to go, but I was still staring out the car window. Vio...you better not be doing what Vaati and I think you are.

Vio's Point of View

At this point, it's becoming rather unnecessary to hold hands with Red, but whenever I try to loosen the grip, he tightens it. It's not that I don't like it, he needs support right now, but our hands are sweating. Which is making my skin a little icky.

In order to not think about the uncomfortable situation, I glance at my side, and smiled a little by what was there.

"Red, are you up for a fun activity?" I poke his shoulder with my free limb. He blinked, then quickly looked at me. Oops, I might have startled him...

"Uh?...It depends on what it is, I don't...I don't feel like doing much."

"What do you say about dancing on a light sheet of ice? Not necessarily dancing, I meant skating." I chuckle to try and light up the mood. "Want to ice skate in the park? You need to think about something else at the moment, maybe it could aid you in feeling less down."

The little guy almost seemed to have jumped up in joy from the sound of doing something that's fun. "Did you just say ice skating? But don't you hate it? I remember when you told me that it was a sad excuse of an activity, and that falling on slippery ice could cause a bone to break..." he shuddered at the thought of breaking a limb.

"Er...um..." I chuckle nervously. "Red, I take it back for today. You need some cheering up, and besides, you can count on me to catch you when you slip. Or hold you if you feel like you're about to do so."

There it is, the smile I was waiting for Red to show off, the brightest light of the day. Seeing such beauty made me blush faintly. He nodded hurriedly, and tugged on my hand to catch up to him when he sprinted to the entrance. We rented two ice skates by the booth, they were a bit overused and torn, but good enough to do the job.

"Urgh, hmmm..."

"Need help putting the last one on?"

"No, no, I got this!" He attempts to make it fit into his foot, but failed to do so. "...I don't got this." He giggled and placed his foot near me as I kneeled down.

I chuckle warmly. "Here, let me try."

My mittens were taken off for the task at hand, and I skillfully untied the shoelace for his foot to swoop inside the shoe. "It fits! It fits!" He clapped happily. Phew, at least we won't have to go through the trouble of returning these and rent a different pair.

Later, when our skating shoes were tied up nice and tight, for our safety, Red gripped onto my arm as we carefully marched to the large circle of ice. To be honest, I was frankly scared as well. Let's just say that a traumatic experience happened to me as a child. It would surprise me if Red didn't notice me shiver, but I can just use the excuse of the cold weather.

"Okay...Okay we can do this! Whoa-whoa!" Only a few seconds into the ring and Red almost slipped forward, but I grabbed both of his hands in the perfect time. "Thanks Vio!"

"D-Don't mention it." I tighten the grip on him, not wanting to slip either.

"Alright, let's move forward! One...two...one...two..." he moved his feet slowly, eventually pulling both himself and me to the center.

"We're actually moving!" I chuckle joyfully, and without letting go of Red's arms, proceed to skate as well. But then I lose my balance for a second.

"Eep! Don't make me fall!!"

"Sorry."

I regain balance thanks to Red's hold on my arms.

"Teehee! You were right, Vio~" he let go and did a simple twirl, before grabbing me again. "This is fun!!"

I laugh a little, partly nervous, but it was still a genuine laugh.

We skated around the large circle of ice until our feet grew tired of the activity and begged us to leave the ice with a stinging pain. Painfully, we walked over to a bench in order to remove the skates, and returned them to the kiosk owner. She must have watched us laugh, giggle, and smile, because she gave us a look that said: "Mmmm~ You look like a couple~". Which, as a result, made us feel a bit uncomfortable. We are not a couple, and most importantly, we are already taken.

It's...complicated.

Finally, we hopped on a subway for the rest of our journey. It was too much of a struggle to walk all the way to the university after doing so much. We found two perfectly empty seats for us to rest on until our destination nears. After sitting down, Red went ahead and leaned his head on my shoulder. He was very tired, after all that's happened in this depressing, but then cheerful day. Lucky for us, the subway arrived quite fast, so I could take Red to his home as soon as possible. He appeared like he would fall asleep at any moment.

Red gave me a lovely hug when we entered his cozy dorm. Not only that, but he rose on his tippy-toes in order to reach one of my cheeks and plant a magical kiss. Magical because I felt all my sorrows melt away from the warmth of such a meaningful gesture. My cheeks blushed a dark scarlet, and I looked down at Red with awe. He gazed at me with impactful eyes, as if he were about to say the three sweetest words every sweetheart enjoys to hear.

Out of the pure instinct of the heat of the moment, I slowly reach down to his face, puckering up my lips. Entranced by his magical spell that is also known as attraction. Even if I wanted to, I can't possibly kiss his lips, so I kissed his cheek. The same thing he did to me.

He giggled afterwards, giving me the clue that it was something good to do.

Suddenly, reality hit me like a brick, and I shook my head to stop acting so lovesttuck.

"Um...I-I'm terribly sorry to ruin the moment, but there is a little talk between you and me that we have to make."

"Awww...Fiine, what was it that you want to talk about?"

"About....earlier. Why you attempted to..." I paused it there, not wanting to mention it.

"Oh......Right......"