Reunite

Vio's Point of View

Finally! It's about time I can fill up my mind with thoughts about another situation other than my own! Red's brother, there's something going on with him that made him need to hug me with tears streaming down his face.

We were inside one of the city's hospitals, the one located nearby our university. I've always been quite skeptical about this place though, it doesn't seem like a very good health center to me...There was this one time, when my parents and I flew here to this city as a child, and brought me to this place to seek medical help due to an allergic reaction to shellfood. I wasn't as careful as I am now, and the lady that offered a sample of shrimp was very nice and friendly. Eating the shrimp made me unable to breathe, my whole throat became clogged by its own walls. My skin even changed color, if that were to happen to me nowadays I would panic as much as I did back then.

So my parents rushed to the hospital that was closest to us, this one, and took me into to the emergency unit. That's where the fun began. First of all, they 'accidentally' introduced into my body more shots than the actual amount that what was required. Though, the allergic reaction was gone and I could breathe just fine, I grew terribly sick due to the contents of one of the shots. They confused an allergy shot for an influenza shot, and it infected me with the disease.

I was obligated to stay in this forsaken hospital. But, there was one occurrence that made me feel better inside and out. The trip with me and my parents was actually a business trip, me and Red's family were coworkers at the time, so they also traveled. As soon as Mrs. Scarletson found our through my mother that I remained in the medical center, she decided to leave Red with me for the weekend. But now that I think about it, they probably only did that so they wouldn't interfere with their paperwork.

"Vio! Are you okay?" The child wearing a red t-shirt and a wine colored sweater shyly walked in.

Tired due to one of the symptoms, I roll over to the side that allowed me to take better a look at my friend. There was some kind of cord attatched to my arm that connected to a bag next to my bag, and Red was staring at it with a frightened approach.

"Hi Red..." I mumble out, my voice sounding much different than normal. It was the voice of what I thought was a dying soul. "...you're such a scaredy cat. It can't hurt you."

"B-But..."

I chuckle, and sit up. My extreme bed hair was on point, though, Red didn't think of it like that. He also chuckled.

"Teehee! Your hair looks funny!"

"Oh shut up. Yours looks like the top of an eggplant."

"R-Really? But my mom combed it so neatly..." he sniffled.

"I was just kidding, silly!"

We both chuckled for a duration of a couple minutes. Red hesitantly sat by one of the two chairs that remained next to the bed, the nurses places them there incase my parents stopped by soon. I told him how this all happened. When he heard my tale, his lips frowned, and his eyes teared up. All of a sudden, he embraced me into the warmest of hugs.

"...sniffle...I hope you feel better soon!!"

I gasp, and quickly push him away, not harshly though. "R-Red! What's if it's contagious?!"

"I don't care! I still wanna hug you!"

"But then YOU will get sick!"

"Teehee! Then I can be in the bed next to you!"

"N-No, I won't let you."

"Vio, Viiioooo! Earth to Vio!"

"H-Huh?!" I shook my head side to side, noticing an arm being waved in front of my face. "What is it? Is Green alright?"

Red giggled. "Wow, you were actually day dreaming! And we haven't even seen him yet. This should be his room, let's go in! Don't be shy."

I sigh in content, it appears that the one too shy to enter the hospital room is me now. Oh how times change.

Creeeeeeek

"....G-Green?" Red was the first to step in. He took a quick look around the place. There were literally cables everywhere, either on his brother or on the floor. He had a mask attached to his face, where a tube was stuck inside his mouth to serve as an artificial respiratory system. There were multiple machines surrounding him, one of which emitted a 'beep' sound, and showed a red line moving up and down whenever his heart beat. His eyes were closed, large dark bags were under them. His entire skin was pale, as if he were more dead than alive. We haven't seen it yet, but I bet he has marks all over his back due to being in bed for so long, unable to move and let his blood flow better around his entire body.

Red furrowed his eyebrows, cupping his hands above his mouth. He let out a small sob, already tearing up.

I frowned slightly, and rub circles on his back to help him keep calm. "It's okay...they told you that he woke up...and he is alive."

"Y-yeah...you're right......gasp! Oh my goodness, OH MY GOODNESS!!! GREEN!!" He whispered-yelled before rushing to his older brother's side. He didn't hug him, nor touch him, he just kneeled by the bed with his eyes fixated on him.

Green, who's eyelids seemed to be heavier than stones, blinked multiple times. As if attempting to open, and remain open. His left hand slowly scooted over to reach his little brother.

"Green!" Red sobbed even more, gently grabbing the hand with much love and care, despite the cord attached to it. "...I-I missed you! I m-m-missed you so much!" He began to weep. Filled with joy and happiness over seeing his remaining family be safe and sound.

Green weakly caressed Red's hands with his thumb. I bet he dearly wanted to speak to him, but the tube made that impossible.

The sight of this heartwarming reunion brought a tear to my eye. I bent down beside the crying Red, and watched as the two siblings stared at each other with much love.

I'm glad that Red still has at least one family member that cares about him.