Drop Your Guitar Pick

Shadow's Point of View

This should be it.

"Come on, Shadow, you got this! Vio should be dying to have you back! Who wouldn't want to go out with such a wonderful goofball such as myself?"

I pulled up near Vio's new place, dont ask me how I found it. I just did. Later I took out an electric guitar and an amplifier. I carefully strapped the guitar around me, tuning it before connecting the cord to the heavy and expensive black box.

"Alright...you got this...Don't screw up." I whispered to myself while glancing up at the window. Vio should be in there, as the lights were on.

I took the deepest of breaths, sucking all of the air in, before exposing it to the wild. And, with all the flow in the world, my fingers moved all around the strings. They played a punk cover of 'Chandelier'...and don't dare ask me if I listen to pop music!

As I played, my eyes were fixated on the window frame, not daring to look away from the fear of missing a glimpse of my true love. But I couldn't see any movement, even after playing two more songs.

......

.......He must still be upset.

God, I'm such a jerk.

I bent down and grabbed a pebble, without a second thought I tossed it to the sheet of glass. Then another...and another....He didn't budge.

"He should be studying with his headphones on, Shadow. I expected you to know that more than anyone here."

I rushed to turn around, my eyes open wide, and my eyebrows narrowed. That voice....It wasn't threatening, but it wasn't welcoming either. And it would only mean that.....

"G-Green?! B-But I thought you were dead!"

I gasped and covered my potty mouth, I wasn't supposed to say that.

"Er...I-I thought you were...In the hospital...."

"Don't tell me you are surprised?" He let out a chuckle, stepping out of the lamppost to walk closer to me, then his usual good-boy expression turned to a more bitter one. "But what do you mean by dead?"

I clenched my teeth. I needed to change the subject before crap hits the fan.

"So...You think Vio really is busy right about now?" I proceeded to take off my musical gear, and putting it back on the trunk. My moment was ruined by this green-clothed guy. I swear that's the only color he wears, doesn't he have anything else in his closet?

Green nodded, taking out his phone to show me the screen. "Yeah, he told me so." He placed it back in his pocket. "...You came here to play for him? Possibly win him back?"

I huffed, crossing my arms. "That's none of your business...And how did you know about that? You were asleep for a long time." My eyebrows still narrowed.

"Social media. You're on it almost 24/7." He chuckled, also crossing his arms. "And I am up to date thanks to it."

"Touché." I huffed, and closed the trunk. "You look like crap...Did you wake up recently?"

"Heh, thanks." Green leaned his back against my car, right next to me now. "Yes, I did. They let me out this week. Missed me too, huh?"

"I-I....Why did you come here?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I wanted to check up on him, and see how he is doing. Our families knew each other well, so he is like another little brother to me."

"Heh...yeah...noticed." I rolled my eyes, remembering all the times he would watch over me and Vio in highschool before he graduated. When he was in 12th grade, we were in 10th. Vio and I were starting out around that time, too. "Hey, can you do me a favor? Could you tell Vio...." I frown. "Actually, nevermind."

Green raised an eyebrow. "That you still love him?"

I blushed a little bit, looking down so my purple bangs covered my face.

I nodded.

"Fine. I'll tell him." Green walked over to the door of the apartment building. Only that he turned around for no reason and went too close to me. He stared at my eyes, almost glaring directly at my soul. "But only if you tell your friend, Vaati, something for me in return."

I blinked twice, my blush quickly disappearing. Then I pushed him off of me with a grunt.

"Hey! Back off!" I huffed. "What do you want me to tell him?"

Green's eyes narrowed yet again, seriously scaring a manly punk such as yours trully.

"Tell him to stay away from both Vio and Red, and that if he dares touches either one of them, he will have a small talk with me..." his expression softened lightly after the message, showing more concern than straight up remorse. "He is much more dangerous than you think, Shadow. I have no idea how you are friends with a person so...manipulative."

"...He's not who you think he is. You just don't know him well."

Green huffed. "Shadow, I'm serious. Be careful around him, okay? Take care of yourself." He patted my shoulder before the door of the building was opened for him. He must have texted Vio to come down for him...

I tried to have a glimpse of my love, but I wasn't able to. As soon as Green went inside he shut the door quickly.

Did he...Did he know I was here? Did he actually hear the songs?

My heart felt like it was gonna burn and drown all at the same time, it kinda....it kinda hurts...I stepped into my car with the deepest frown on my face. I failed my mission to regain Vio's affection today.

But...that doesn't mean it'll never happen.

I will try again soon, but first....I have to tell Vaati that Green survived.