At The Dog Show Pt. 2

Red's Point of View

"Awww!! He's so cute!" I mewed as my hands ruffled the fur of the most fluffy dog in the whole wide world. "Thank you sooo much for letting me pet him!" I shook the owner's hands before rushing off to the next dog, which was super big. That one was a bit scary...

"Go along and pet her! She won't bite." The owner chuckled.

I gulped before approaching the gigantic great dane. She gave me a cold stare as she sniffed my hand, to be honest, I bet she was smelling my fear instead of my scent. Then, in a matter of seconds, the dog barked happily and jumped around, giving the owner a hard time keeping her still.

"Steady! Steeady!" He commanded.

All I did was laugh hysterically, because the great dane was giving me many kisses! Her tongue wouldn't stop licking my face, it tickled!

"I am very sorry!" The owner furrowed his eyebrows and took out his handkerchief. "I don't know what happened to her, this is unusual."

"Teehee! It's okay! She's super friendly~" I petted her before making my way to the seats. It was about to start soon.

I shot a stare at the decorations of the wooden stage that was set up for this special occasion. It had designs of bones and dog collars, the face of a corgi here and there, I wish to persuade my boss to decorate the cafè like this some day!

Before the show commenced, I tried to call Vio another time to see if he fixed whatever it was that didn't let him connect, or something else that has to do with electronical stuff! I don't know much about that...But without further or do, I proceed to click on the 'call' button on the touchscreen for videochat. It rings for almost three minutes, at the end I sigh and cancel. Maybe he's too busy...

"Ah, excuse me. Mind if I sit here?"

"Go ahead! I don't mind!" I smile at the lovely stranger, tilting my head towards him. I gasp. "VIO!!!!" I screamed like a fangirl seeing her OTP becoming cannon, and embraced him into a bear hug that was meant to crush his bones and spines.

"H-Hi....Red....Can't...wheeze....B-breathe...!!!" He didn't struggle to be released, but I bet he sure wanted to.

"Haha! Sorry, sorry! I got really excited there~!" I let go of him, then I scratch the back of my head sheepishly while making a cutesy expression. "Heyyy....I thought you weren't able to come!!" I pout.

Vio laughed nervously. "Ohh...I wasn't. But, I couldn't let you down, so I rushed to here as soon as I could." He returned the smile. "Wow, is it me or has it gotten a bit warmer around here?"

My eyes perk up at his face, it was....sweaty? "Vio! You're sweating! Are you sick or something?!" I take out a napkin to clean up his cheeks and forehead.

"No, no, I'm not sick. I came here running...well...half of the way to this place."

"Phew! You scared me there!" I giggle and sit back down. "You really ran all that much?! I didn't imagine you as an athletic person...no offence ha ha."

"None taken. I couldn't miss out on such a lovely activity." He said, taking a look at all the decorations, and then at the theatre. ".....Oh! It's about to start." He poked one of my shoulders and pointed over to the lights that brighted up the wooden stage. A dog the size of a shoebox, dressed in aqua blue princess clothing, walked up to the spotlight in only her hind legs. It was the cutest trick ever!!

"AWWWWW!!!"

The entire public, including myself, couldn't comprehend how adorable the pup was, and how she was able to walk in just two legs. "Look, Vio!! Did you see that?! It's so cute I'm gonna die!!" I shout, shaking him in the process.

He chuckled, although a bit awkwardly since now there were people glaring at us, especially me, for being too loud. "Y-Yeah!....Please don't die from the cuteness." He smiled rather nervously. Of course, it was a joke.

After the puppy did the trick, the host came to stage, to introduce himself and present to us the park's most popular dog show in the whole Manhattan province. He wasn't lying, this place was packed!! After he spoke bla bla bla for a bit, the good part started...which was the actual show itself!!

Dogs wearing all kinds of silly costumes would be shown, along with their owners, and were told to do tricks and skits of every kind of entertainment. My favorite one were the dalmatians in firefighter outfits pretending to take out a fire. Their owner was dressed as the fire, and it was hilarious to see his dogs shower him with the water of a hose. During the entire activity, I was laughing my lungs out. Vio also laughed, but not as much as I did.

It was as if....

....all my problems....

...faded away for a while.

After the fantastic dog show was over, Vio and I walked down the lit up pathways of the park. The trees still had Christmas lights on them, despite that it was January, but I don't mind at all...because they looked magical. I glance at the frozen lake, where we skated yesterday. Then back at Vio, who seemed to be staring down at nothing, looking a bit...gloomy.

"U-Um...Did you like the show?" I went in front of him and gave him a big smile.

He bumped into me, not noticing that I was in front until after that. "Oof! S-Sorry, I wasn't paying attention..."

"....It's fine!" I kept smiling, and took both of his hands, which were hidden behind winter mittens. "What are you going to do now?"

He frowned slightly, looking away. "I...I was going home."

How weird, he's so down all of a sudden. "Okay! We can walk together~!"

Vio let out a small chuckle and petted my head. "You don't have to worry about that, besides...I live a bit farther at the moment..."

My eyes widened in surprise. "You moved?! That's so cool! Where do you and Shadow live now?!" I jumped excitedly.

He winced, turning around to not face me anymore. "Y-yeah...yeah...Uh, no, actually...." He covered his face with his hands after he pulled them away from my grip, his shoulders moved up and down. Did he...was he sobbing?

"Vio! It's okay...its okay...Let's go sit down, and I'll get you a yummy pretzel! What do you think?" I shove him gently onto a bench and give him a quick hug before running to a kiosk.

Vio sniffled and rubbed his eyes.

Oh yeah....I can't believe I forgot it so quickly.

Shadow told me.....he broke up with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Yikes! I sure am slowing down with the uploads for new parts! I haven't even made any new drawings for the story.
-sobs-

I sure dislike the combination of artist's block and writer's block.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~