Bitter Sweet

Green's Point of View

...

......

Darkness.

It's all I can see.

All I can hear.

All I can ever perceive.

It's an endless nightmare, where now it makes me wonder wether I will ever wake up or not. I know I'm asleep, deeply asleep. Trapped in within the consciousness of my unconsciousness.

I am in a constant battle with the person that caused this, he's after my undesired doom, he wants to have my pride, he wished to take away my job, he desired the taste of vengeance, he wanted to ruin my life, even though it was not my fault....that our parents never loved him, and abandoned him long ago.

I am certain...that he is after Red, too.

Vaati, have mercy on him. He's the last person in the Earth to deserve such horrid fate that you cursed me with. If I ever come to reanimation, be prepared to face the consequinces.

Red's Point of View

"What kind of ice cream do you like the most? Oh, wait! Don't tell me! I wanna guess it!" I tried to be as happiest as possible to see if that positivity could rub off on him eventually.

"Sure...go ahead..." Vio rested his chin and cheek on the palm on his head after he sat down by a tiny round table that was situated in a corner.

Wow...I've never known how hard it is to cheer up poor Vio. Shadow was actually easier. Huh, those two sure are different, though...It won't be long until his knight in black armor returns to him with a delightful bouquet of flowers, or the biggest box of chocolates in the city, or a teddy bear so big he could snuggle with it every night.

Sigh

....Yeah, Shadow will definitely come back for him. He still has plenty of love to go around. Like the perfect couples that you see on tv, no matter how much they argue, or no matter how many incidents happen between them, they will always remain by each other's side.

It's totally contrary to me and Blue nowadays. Nowadays, he rarely visits my apartment, we hardly ever get to go out on dates, he gets mad at me easier, he even misses my birthday, and, and, and.....sniffle.....Okay, I should stop thinking about it.

He's a good person, and I know so. But, everyone has their limits...right?

"Good evening! What may I help you with?" The guy at the front desk greeted me with a smile.

Quickly, I shook my head to stop thinking so much. "G-Good evening! Can I have a pistachio ice cream, and a....hmm....a watermelon ice cream? Both in waffle cones. Ooh! And can the watermelon one have mini chocolate sprinkles on it?" I pointed at the chosen flavors as I ordered.

The person kept the smile employees need to do, and nodded. "You got it, boss!" And with that, he went to work. Taking out scoops of pistachio and watermelon on deliciously crafted cones, and adding the rain of chocolate goodness on one of them.

For a while there, I almost forgot my own sorrows. Because I LOVE ice cream!!!

"Try to guess which one is yours!!" I snickered while sitting across Vio with the two ice creams.

Vio, unable to change the light frown on his face, eyed the two cold cones. Without saying anything, he reached out for the watermelon one.

Aww, that one was gonna be mine! I didn't say it, of course, because the goal of coming to the local ice cream place was to help cheer uo Vio, and the last thing I want is to make him feel bad.

"...Teehee! I knew you wanted some sprinkles on your. Especially chocolate!" I smiled cheerfully and took my first lick on the pistachio. "...Ice cream....always makes me feel better. At least a little."

Vio sighed after taking a couple licks on the watermelon chocolate sprinkled ice cream. "....I appreciate your concern, Red." He forced a smile. "Really, I do..." He licked the ice cream again. "...but, I think my reason to feeling like this is much more mundane compared to what you have been facing."

I furrowed my eyebrows, still eating my pistachio flavored creamy goodness, especially the bottom so the melted drops don't fall on my fingers. I don't like my hands to feel icky. "Y-You're right....T-though...you And Shadow were like, the perfect couple since highschool."

"I'd say the same for you and Blue." He replied instantly, in a lower voice.

"...yeah...we were..." I kept my eyebrows furrowed, then, all of a sudden, my cellphone began to vibrate, and a ringtone playing the song "Caramelldancen" was heard.

Vio's head shot up in surprise. The silliness of the ringtone, and my embarrassed expression, made the tiniest of chuckles escape from his mouth. I also let out a chuckle, a nervous one that is.

"Haha...excuse me for a moment, please! Oh, and can you hold my ice cream? Thanks!" I quickly gave Vio the cone before rushing out of the shop with my phone out. My lips turned into a frown as soon as I saw the number, it was the hospital.

Oh no....

....Please.....

....Please don't tell me that he's....

Tears began to form on my eyes as I clicked on the 'answer' button. "H-Hello? This is Red."

...

"Y- yeah, what about Green?"

......

I gasp. "R-Really?!?!?!"

....

"O-O-Okay!! I'll be there as soon as I can!" I said, then hung up before. Rushing into the shop, I embrace Vio into the tightest of hugs, tears streaming down my eyes as I sob.

They were sobs of happiness.

"What's wrong?!" Vio asks, holding the two cones up to avoid staining my clothes.

"It's GREEN!! I NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL! Will you come with me or do you need to go home?!"

Vio's eyes widened. "Your brother?! I-Is he okay?! And of course I will accompany you!"

Sadly, we had to toss the delicious ice cream cones to the trash so we could run down the sidewalk, straight to the nearest subway station.