Day Of the Insident

Green's Point of View

The only thing I can currently remember....

...is my last interaction with Red, and the moment of the accident.

It was one beautifully sunny day, and the day was going splendid. Despite the fact that I had two projects to hand in that week, a partial exam, and job to attend to. I was leaving the pharmacy with my little brother, who had recently graduated highschool. I only bought the items our parents needed with the small allowance that I had at the time, such as medicine, but Red...he wanted some headphones, getting into a small fit in order to convince me to buy them for him.

What he didn't know at the time is that mother and father are actually broke, and divorcing, so they don't have much money to go by nowadays...That's why I always had a perfect GPA in highschool, as well as college(for grants), and did my best to balance it all with my job. It was stressful, very stressul, but as long as it keeps the family going...I'll do that and so much more.

After we got inside the car, Red crossed his arms with a small pout, looking out the window. "It was only 32 dollars..."

"Red..." I sigh. "...it's not good to spend too much money. There goes my lunch money for the week."

"S-So? Mother will give you more. She and Father always give you money."

"They need it more than I do." I started the car and drove out to the highway.

"You're their favorite...They give you anything you want, like that new computer of yours!"

"...I needed it for my course, it was required."

He seemed to be ignoring my reasoning.

"You are the angel of the house, a-a spoiled boy that gets everything he wants whenever he wants it."

"...I rarely ask for money, or stuff..." I was talking to myself at this point.

"It's true! You're spoiled! A favorite! While I'm the black sheep of the house...Father and Mother are always mad at me for everything that I do..." Red narrowed his eyes and glanced out the window.

My face also grimaced, but only a little, and decided to focus on the streets rather than Red's ignorance. The rest of the ride was spent in silence, with some tension in the air. Oh the things he doesn't know about me...

+×+×+×+×+×+×+

I stop in front of our house, shifted the car into parking, and waited for my brother to get out of the car.

"..." I dared not to look at him, I was still upset at him, AND myself. My mind filled with thoughts like: Am I really spoiled? I'm not spoiled...right?

"See you later." Red smiled at me, most likely pretending that our small argument in the car was nothing but a void. He closed the car door, holding the medicine and his new headphones in the other hand.

"Mmhmm."

I rolled up the window, and after shifting the car to drived, I immediately head out. Those awful thoughts remained in my head for the entire duration of my trip to the university for my class.

I parked near the engineering building, grabbed my bookbag, along with my notes, and walked inside. At least today it's a laboratory and not an old boring lecture. The first student to arrive is always me, this day was the same. While I wait for the rest of the people, I sit on the floor, behind some kind of mechanical artifact, and pull out my laptop, a pen, a notebook, and the book of another course. Those two projects need to be done, and soon. Yeah, I'm gonna continue them here, then after class, I will hurry down to the factory and work my normal shift.

It was...

...at that very moment...

Someone stepped inside the room, but I paid no mind to it, couldn't waste time on petty things such as socializing.

The machinery in front of me began to move, and made some rumbling noise as well. It was annoying, however I kept my focus on the project, gluing my eyes at the laptop. A couple minutes pass, and the machine was now blowing out smoke, as well as making noises it wasn't supposed to make.

With an annoyed sigh, I stand up and examine the damn thing. Just as I suspected, there were a few things out of place, but it wasn't like that yesterday...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I gasp as soon as an alarm triggered. 'This is no good!' I thought, and sprinted to the only exit. I pulled, pushed, and even kicked but the thing wouldn't budge. I was coughing at that point.

"HELP!! HELP I'M STUCK!! SOMEBODY!!"

I yelled out, punching the door as hard and loud as my fists were able to. In the hopes that someone from outside the laboratory room would hear my distressed call for aid.

More minutes pass, and I was a coughing mess, rampaging through my bookbag in hopes of finding my cellphone to call someone, anyone.

"Aha! Found i--"

As soon as I pulled out the phone to call for emergency services, the machinery exploded, blowing the four walls of the room, as well as forcing my body to fly out the window of the four story building.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+

"...That is exactly how it happened, Vio. Don't feel bad for asking, I didn't mind explaining it to you."

Vio had his eyes closed, probably feeling bad for me. "W-Wow......And you survived something of that scale...."

I shrugged slightly, stroking Red's silky blond hair. He was asleep, sitting next to my bed and laying his head on my lap. "...As soon as I get out of here, I'm going to catch up on what I missed of my studies...and work two jobs to help pay for Red's tuition, as well as mine."

"B-But didn't you say you had grants? And scholarships?"

"Yes, but they must have expired at this point..."

"No way! And your bank account has been booming with donations from students all over the university, and many other people too!"

I blink twice. "R-Really?...People are that nice?"

Vio switched from a worryful face to a more serious one. "The world may seem like hell most of the time, but there is kindness out there. It's just well hidden."

I hum in content, smiling at Vio "...Y-Yeah! You are perfectly right, smarty-pants." I raise an eyebrow and accidentally change the subject. "I always knew you were a good influence, I don't get why Red chose Blue over you."

Vio winced and looked down. "Oh well..."

"No, seriously, if I remember good enough...he had a mad crush on you."