Won't Let You Fall Apart

Vio's Point of View

Where is this guy going...his pase is very slow, as if he didn't have the energy for anything anymore. I have never seen him so down before. It's a sad sight indeed. He walked down the sidewalk, and eventually brought his phone up to his ear. After about a minute, his lips moved. I couldn't tell what he was saying, nevertheless what was being told by the other side of the call, but it didn't seem good by the expressions he emitted. I believe that the space between us two is about 10 feet, and whenever he glanced around, I would hide behind whatever or whoever was in the way.

All of a sudden, his steps became faster, and longer. Great, now it will be increasingly difficult to follow stealthily through the town. He covered his face with his scarlet coat's hood, still in that call. After it ended, he paused for a moment to rub his eyes with his thick sleeve. When proceeding, his speed returned to the one he had minutes ago.

This is taking a long time...I might actually be late to class! Even though attendance doesn't affect our score...but still! I can't just skip class! Not even....not even for.....

....

Oh who am I kidding, I SHOULD skip class for someone like Red. A person that is so cheerful, and sweet, and thoughtful. He deserved to be anything but sorrowful. I clench on the ruby of the necklace and continue to follow without him noticing.

It took half an hour when, I presume, he reached his destination. We were by a lonesome, unfinished bridge. It seemed unsteady, and it sure was a long way down...Why would Red come to a place like this?

He was too caught up on whatever that was in his mind, that he couldn't hear or see me ten feet behind him. His gaze was glued to the bottom, his steps approaching the edge. My heart pounded hard, I could sense a tension going on in the atmosphere. I have, no, I need to get to Red!

I take it easy, and slowly tip-toe towards the blonde. Whom extended his arms, preparing to fly.

Oh no...oh no oh no oh no!!!!!

Red's Point of View

This is it, I knew it would happen one day or another. My father found out. He finally knew that I lied to him for an entire semester, because my major stayed the same, and I told him I was studying engineering. I told my mother that lie too. So they could continue to pay for my tuition. But....

It's over.

I choke back a sob.

I love cooking, it felt like the right decision for me to take, and it made me happy, really really happy, that my time was being spent on something that my heart and mind loved. But, they don't see that. They'll never see that. They'll never see my talent in a career that WILL give me a good future.

I guess...there is no more future for me. My scholarships, nor coffee job, won't be enough to pay for my studies. I won't have a degree....I won't have the restaurant of my dreams...I won't have anything....Is this what they wanted when they disowned me? And Green, I wish he were here to comfort me, he always stood up for his puny little brother at times like this.

Blue, his parents will surely hate the idea of their only son to date a poor boy that has no career or opportunities in life. Of course, he won't let them separate us, but....He shouldn't ruin his relationship with them for me. There is no use.

And...Vio....He's such a wonderful friend, surely one of a kind. Smart, intelligent, philosophical, deep...He's all in one, though, the 'all' part is well hidden because he doesn't express much emotion. Ah, and he's always so calm and collected. Unlike me, a crying mess, a whimp with no bright future, everything in my life is falling apart.

The cold breeze that is passing by soothed my arms. So I kept them spread out, and I glance down at the summit once more.

. . .

. . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . No.

I...I can't.

More sobs make their way out of my throat, and my vision is completely blurred due to tears bundling up in my eyes' waterline.

How could I possibly think about something like this?!

I bring my cupped hands to my face and wail, everything while stumbling backwards from the dangerous edge. Then, I bumped into someone.

"AHH!!"

"Shhh, shh! It's okay...It's me...."

What a miracle! It was Vio's calming voice. He hugged me tightly, he doesn't want to let me go and disappear from existance.

I sob like crazy, and return the warm hug. Even if I didn't want to, I got snob and tears all over his coat. "A-A-Are you m-my guardian an-angel...?" It was really hard to speak while crying.

Vio chuckled softly, and caressed my hair. It was calming. "Sadly, no...But...who wouldn't want to be your guardian angel?"

Sobbing still, I tighten my grip on him, and his coat made me say a muffled response. "N-n-nobody would..."

He furrowed his eyebrows, and frowned, I could tell he is an inch close to tearing up as well. "N-no, don't say that..."

"I have no future! My life is over....Vio, I don't have enough money for tuition. I-I might have to d-drop out of...o-o-of...Waaaahhhh!!!"

Vio clenched his teeth, and proceeded to rub my back. He was silent, but that didn't mean that his comfort wasn't helping. Because there is no way I'm going back here thanks to him.

After twenty minutes of just standing here, hugging each other, my sobbing stopped. "Thank you..." I whispered. Then giggled, a tad nervous. "Oops...looks like you need to wash that coat."

"Don't worry about that at all." He shrugged it off. "Do you feel calm now?"

I sniffle, and nodded. "Thanks for that...Um, I should probably go back to my dorm."

"Red, allow me to escort you there, I can't possibly let you fend off alone."

"It's fine, Vio! You don't have to do this much for me." I make a really tiny smile. He was being too kind. "And...you're probably late for class."

"At this moment, you are my top priority. And you can't reject my offer." Vio grabbed my hand as a form of leashing me to him so I wouldn't get away. But...why would I want to let go of such a smooth, soft, and tender hand?

"Okay, okay...You win." I sniffle and chuckle at the same time.

"When we get there, let's talk about it."

I glance down, and after a few seconds, nodded. It's the least I could do to make it up to him for rescuing me.