Two Boys, One Dorm

Vio's Point of View

Three hours has passed since Red and I's deep conversation about depression and suicidal thoughts. He told me about the boiling situation with his parents, something that I didn't expect would come from someone so sweet and special. At first I took it hard to believe that his father, a famed lawyer in our hometown, would willingly disown, and stop funding, one of his son's only path towards a career-based future. His mother agreed with him in that, so both don't want anything to do with Red.

Red, ever since elementary school, was one of the top students in academics. In highschool, he graduated with straight A's (I also did, just so you know), and a scholarship for academic excellence. I guess all that came from having to please people like them, people that have high expectations over everything. Greed, selfishness, and narcissism were present in his household, yet somehow he is a kind and carefree fellow. Unless it's all one big facade to cover up a hidden emptiness in his heart.

His bigger brother, Green, isn't around to pamper his younger sibling like he always did. He studies in our university as well, he was accepted in mechanical engineering, the same department of the major Red was rejected from. At present, he is nowhere to be seen in our campus, nor in this two people dorm, because he is in a coma. An accident happened during one of the class laboratories he had to attend, he was hurt badly around the head. I remember the headlines in the news, Red was destroyed, and he never dared to take off the necklace his brother gave him. Until now, when he gave it to me for no reason.

I brought my hand up to my neck and grab the ruby. After removing it from myself, I tied it around Red, the person who it really belongs too. He pulled his arms close to him, not hugging me anymore, and rubbed his puffy eyes.

It's a pity that such a wonderful person has to go through all this, really does make this world we live in a terrible place for angels like him. A pity, and a shame.

I rubbed circles on Red's back, he seems to have calmed down from the mental breakdown from earlier. "What do you plan to do?" I asked, staring at his weak composure.

"L-Live on the streets, become a beggar, and slowly rot on the concrete surface." He sniffled.

"What? No....That is not going to happen. This place is packed with opportunities that can let you move forward. You can get a raise in the café, or you could find a better job that could help sustain you."

"....T-Tuition is m-much more than that...."

"Then seek help from an organization that aids students like yourself that have to parents or family to support them. Those exist out there, we just have to look for them well..."

"There...t-there really are?"

"Yes! I...know someone who applied for a scholarship from them, and had the necessary requirements for it. I believe that right now you are eligible for one of those as well.."

Red sniffled, and raised his arms to hug me again. "Vio....You're such a liar."

"H-huh?"

He glanced up at me, with a tiny and genuine smile on his face. "...You really are my guardian angel!" He giggled and tightened the embrace.

I let out a small chuckle, and returned the meaningful hug.

Nothing else was said for a while, and we both laid down on the full sized bed. Exhausted, and tired, from everything that has happened in this day.

"Vio...." Red called out, despite laying right next to me. He rolled over so he could face me.

"Yeah?"

"Are you still gonna go to the pet show with me tomorrow?"

"Of course...Why not?"

He smiled again, and rolled back around to face the ceiling. "Yay~!"

I chuckled, that was so cute. "...."

"And...would you adopt a puppy?"

"A puppy? It's a big responsibility....I don't think so."

"Aww....Pets aren't allowed in this building, and it's so sad! I've been wanting a puppy, a kitten, or even a guinea pig for a while. They're all so cute and fluffy~!"

"Oh really?...Then, let's see what happens."

Red giggled "Okay!" He said, before letting out one large yawn, and getting into a comfier position on the bed. "....Could you stay here? At least for the night." He said, his eyes closed.

I blushed a little. Oh dear, Shadow won't like it one bit once he hears that I stayed over a friend's dorm. He will instantly know who's dorm, and will get into a fit. Blue, oh Blue, if he finds out he will definitely beat me to a pulp. But...Red is in need right now, and someone has to watch over him. That someone is me. At least, until he no longer feels like he is not important in this world, and that his life doesn't matter.

"........Sure. I can stay with you, don't you worry." I cooed, closing my own eyes. It completely passed my mind that there was another bed standing right beside this one, it was a two person dorm, after all. It must have been Green's when they first began the semester. Poor Green, I hope he wakes up soon so Red would have one less situation to grieve about.

However...I don't really want to move from this spot. It's comfy, warm, and right next to Red. Only a fool would pass on an opportunity like this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Heyaaa! Again, thanks for reading!! Sorry this one was a bit shorter compared to other chapters.

Surely, the rest will be the same length as it initially was!

Awkwardbluegirl I haven't forgotten about what you wanted to see happening! To make it more special, it needs a little bit of more time to bloom at just the right moment ^w^

I hope you all have a nice day~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~