Investigation

Vio's Point of View

I make haste towards the café via subway, due to me not owning a car at this day and age. Blasts, why didn't I take the driver's licence in highschool when my parents offered to teach me?! And Shadow....well....he wouldn't want his car to have even the smallest of scratches. The subway is always crowded, being this close to a crowd of people isn't good for protecting yourself from diseases and other kinds of harmful bacteria.

I take out my cellphone and remove the hood of my purple coat from my head to re-read Red's messages, for motivation. There is no way I would go anywhere feeling this miserable for anybody else, I owe him. He's always so cheerful, and happy, which makes those around him get the urge to feel the same. If he is not happy, then...Nobody can be happy. Because he is the light in a dark cave filled with harsh obstacles, I...I want to save that light from whatever it is He's suffering.

After the second stop, I reached the street that I needed to go, and without further or do, hurried up my pace to not waste any more time. Arriving at the entrance, I notice that there is another barista at work. Oh yeaaah, Red's shift ends at around seven, should have known sooner!! But never mind that, now I need to take the subway again and run to his apartment. Groaning, I turn around to where I came from.

~~~~~~~~~

Pant pant pant

At last, Red's door! It took me longer than I thought since it was practically impossible to remember which was his dorm room without asking. Gently, I knock on the door, afterwards I send him a text.

"I'm here."

. . .

The door opens, and to my surprise, it turns out to be Blue. He looks rather, well...blue.

"Oh, I must have gotten the wrong information. Do you know where Red's dorm is?"

"It's this one." He quickly glances at both sides of the hallway, then pulls me in and closes the door. "Don't tell ANYONE about this, especially Red."

"I-I'm confused...What's happening?" I pull out my cellphone to see if Red has replied, but then the bulkier blonde confiscates it. "H-Hey!"

"Let me explain! Okay...so...it was me who texted you, not Red. I knew you would come if it were him." He scrolled through a phone that appeared to not be his, and deleted the messages. "Look, there is something going on with Red."

"Uh?...How so?" My eyes narrowed, of course there was still confusion, but at the mentioning of Red being in some sort of trouble made me more serious than dazed. "Don't you know? You date him."

"Yeah, so? It doesn't mean I know every single detail about his life." He responded bitterly. "But, I have been seeing you be around him more often."

Uh oh, did he summon me so he could beat me up for being with Red too much? I didn't know he was the jealous type. Damn, how am I supposed to make it out of this without a black eye?!

"He doesn't talk to me as much as before, and behaves really weird. He's hiding something from me, and I would like to know what it is. You know, for his safety..." He muttered the last part while looking away for the moment. That's when I calmed down. Ok, he is not going to beat me up...yet.

"So....What do you want me to do?" I ask, even when knowing what he probably desires out of me.

"I want you...to investigate. Find out what is wrong with him, and I will pay you for it."

"W-Wha...You're going to pay me?"

"Well of course! It's way cheaper than an actual detective, besides I'm not THAT desperate either. Take your time, unless it's something dangerous." He crossed his arms.

"Hmm...Okay then....."

"I heard from him that he invited you to that silly pet show that will take place at the park. Are you going?"

"To be honest, I will need a ride if the subway doesn't have a station near that area."

"Okay, no problem. I will pick you first, get you there, and then get Red and make him think you went on your own case."

"You don't have to, I'm pretty sure I can make it in subway. But if it is too far..."

Blue grunted, and texted something on my cellphone before finally returning it. "Here, that's my number. If you need a ride, call or text me or whatever you need...as long as it has to do with our little investigation, got it?"

After some thought to process what just happened, I nod with certainty at Blue. It's such a shame that he doesn't confront Red himself, they're sweethearts! But then again...Shadow and I also keep secrets from each other, that I am very sure of.

We both leave the dorm, and go our separate ways. My first meeting with Blue, and it was something worth of suspicion, and shady intentions.