White Chocolate Mocha

Vio's Point of View

Ughh.

I can't believe what Shadow tried to pull off yesterday. Did he really think that a seranade would forgive one of the most cold and cruel ways to break up with a person? Even though that, to be completely honest, it was also cruel to be unloyal to my ex-partner...

The two of us have some fault here, but it can't and won't be resolved with mere songs.

I don't want to speak to him right now, anyways. I don't even want to see his face. Both over the shame I feel for what I've done and felt, and for how he kicked me out of the apartment we shared during a whole semester without a single word. With only a mere letter, nothing else.

"Let's see...Okay, the work is before midnight, I could stop by the café for a bit to check on Red."

Even during my troubling thoughts, I still thought about Red now and then, and imagining him greeting me like he's always done, with a big cheerful grin, would always bring a smile on my face.

I picked up my laptop, as well as my class notes and coat, to take with me during my trip to that wonderful place. I took the subway, as I normally do.

When I arrived there, I patiently waited the unusually large line. That is, until Red spotted me with a gasp, and began to serve the customers in front of me quicker.

I made a tiny chuckle, how cute was it for him to do something like that. He must be equally as happy to see me. Because he went through them as fast as making a PB&J.

"Hi Vio-vio!" Red smiled widely, each corner of his lips nearly reaching the top of his cheeks. "I didn't expect you to stop by! I was about to finish my shift, too."

I let out yet another chuckle, just being around him like this makes me catch his good vibes. "Oh, perfect timing then."

"Are you here for the usual?"

"No, no...I would actually like to try a new coffee this time."

Red lets out a gasp, one that sounded as if I had told him that I changed universities.

"You don't want a Midnight Black Mocha?! Whaaaaaat."

I shook my head. "I would like to try the White Chocolate Mocha, with brown sugar, please. It's good to try new things for once."

"U-Um, yeah, but-- Who are you and what have you done with the real Vio?!"

I snorted. "Red, it's me! And White Chocolate Mocha is your favorite. Since you love it so much, I decided that I want to give it a try."

Red looked as if he just discovered the lost kingdom of Atlantis, or unicorns, or a coupon for free pizza, soda included. "Ooooohhhhh!! Okay, okay, that makes a loooot of sense now!" He giggled. "One White Chocolate Mocha coming right up!"

Red took the mixtures and blended them together in a fraction of the time other baristas take. Surprisingly, he didn't look very sleepy today, either.

"Ding, ding! It's ready!" He pretended to he a bell, how adorbs. "Regular sugar, or brown sugar?" He paused. "Oh wait, you already said brown. Oops!" He giggled and handed me about three packets of sugar.

"Thanks, Red. You want to sit with me after you're done?" I pointed over at the table I always sit, sometimes it even feels like it's reserved for me. "I'll be working on an assignment that's due tonight, so I will be staying here a while."

"Oh boy, can I?! I wanna spend time with you! I haven't seen you in a week."

"Heh...yeah..." I scratched the back of my head. "Sorry, I've been so caught up with assignments lately that I haven't even texted you. I have no life."

"Heyy! Don't say that!" Red pouted and gently punched my arm. "You do have a life!" He stared at the bag under my eyes. "...Okay maybe not so much hehe."

I chuckled to myself and grabbed the hot beverage to sit down. Then, I set up my laptop on top of the table, along with a notebook and a pen. "Ughh...I shouldn't have left it for last minute..."

"Hehe, that happens to me all the time!" Red spoke after overhearing my thought. "Well, when the assignment doesn't have to do with cooking something..."

"You are too talented in that field already, they should let you own your own café at least, you already know the basics." I smiled at him, making him blush a little.

"Aww...that's so sweet, Vio! But naww, I need to know how to manage it! Or else it'll go down in just the opening day alone!" He giggled, finishing up the last frappuccino for the night. "All done, sir!"

After he handed the drink, he spoke to his coworker about something, then finally went ahead and sat down with me.

"W-Whoa, I've talked too much. I gotta finish this..." I said, hurrying up and typing into the document at the speed of sound. "Sorry...You might get bored."

"It's okay!! Keep working!" He smiled cheerfully. Motivating me to just get this over with and spend time with Red.

I typed and typed until there were only five minutes for the deadline. I dropped a sweat and saved my progress, about to use the last few minutes for sending the work through the university's website for turning in assignments.

During then, I felt a warm head lean onto my shoulder. Red must be falling asleep.

"..." I smiled when I took a moment to glance down at the sleepy Red. I grabbed his seat and pulled it closer to mine so his neck wouldn't get too sore.

He must still be a little bit awake, since he just cuddled onto my arm as if like he were a puppy from that dogshow we went to. A small, affectionate, adorable puppy.

"Hey...I'm done with the assignment, do you want me to take you home?"

He nodded slowly, then yawned. "Yes, pwease..."

I chuckled, and put away everything into my bookbag.

"Okay, let's go." I stood up, holding Red close to me.

He wrapped his arms around around me tenderly, warmly...enough to make me want to melt on the inside. Then rubbed his head against my chest.

"Vio...Why are you so comfy? Please explain that to me."

I blushed a little, I am comfy?

"Umm...well...I don't know."

"And so cuddly! I can't hold myself~!" He rubbed his head against my head again. Making me blush even more.

"U-Uh...let's take you to your apartment."

"Okie~!"

It seems like he wasn't as sleepy as I thought he was.

Author's Note:

[Helloooou! I'm back with a new chapter for this book! Sorry if it seems a little bit short ^^'

Thanks so much for reading and liking this book, I can't believe it has all the reads it has now! O.o

It's all thanks to you, yes, you~!

I hope you have a lovely day! ]