Shadow No More

Vio's Point of View

"This love has taken it's toll on me.......And his heart is breaking in front of me....."

I mumbled to himself in a tune as I stepped down the pavement.

"....I have no choice, cuz I won't say goodbye anymore....Woah ohh ohh.....woah ohh ohh....."

I took out the apartment key to enter the building.

"...And my heart is breaking in front of me......woah ohh ohh...."

"Oh?"

I rubbed his eyes, double-checking if it was real what I saw in front of me. I stood by the doorstep of my home, staring at the boxes that sat by the side. Most were half or fully open. "What the..." I took a step backwards, and clasped my hair, eyes widening.

In those boxes were MY belongings.

My hand grabbed a folded note that was above one of them, it read "For Vio" on top. Inside, the following was written:

"What is the worst feeling in the world? The lost of a family member, failure in an important life choice, or the betrayal of a loved one? I don't know, you choose. But do know that you've shreaded my dark heart into little pieces that are impossible to stitch back together. I had an initial feeling something was off about you, about us. Today, you revealed to me what it was all about.

Without a doubt,
You like another person.

Goodbye, Violet."

"This can't be happening..." I thought to myself, eyes tearing up even though this was something that was bound to happen. How could I have been so careless?! Did he see me and Red skate so closely with each other?! Did he follow us to his apartment?! Did he see Red lean onto me?! Did he...did he see him kiss my cheek?! I slept on his bed for the entire night, and we also....UGH!!

The worst part is that I'm the douchebag here!!!

I had feelings on Red while already being in a RELATIONSHIP with Shadow! I don't even recall how that even happened or how it started, it just...DID. Worst of all, he was also dating someone. The captain of a baseball team, the strongest and most athletic student in our institution! I don't know if Red likes me the way I do, but yesterday, it was I who was there for him when he most needed company. Where was Blue?

Thinking of him...Should I tell him about it? What Red was about to commit on that unfinished bridge? About his parents disowning him? About how sad he's been feeling?No, except for the sad part, perhaps he could help in making him feel better as well.

But what am I doing thinking about them when, right now, I'm being kicked out of the apartment I shared with Shadow. I am in need of assistance at the moment, but frankly...I am nothing but lonely. Though, I shouldn't wait for somebody to come to me with a bag of unicorns and rainbows. Instead, I should go out and find alternatives.

I sniffle, and rub my eyes, while picking up as many of the boxes as my arms would allow. One of our neighbors, Madame Courtly, was watering the two hanging flowers that decorated her door when I passed by.

"Oh my, oh my, Vio...What are you doing with so many boxes?"

"N-Nothing...Madame Courtly....Your flowers look lovely today."

"Agh! Don't change the subject, you! I already know how they look." She frowned. "My boy...What's the matter?" Her voice softened.

"No, it's really n-nothing...." My hands shuddered, and I grew obligated to set the cardboard cubes down for a moment of rest. "...There is some stuff I'm throwing out, that's all."