The Day Is Green

The Day Is Green

Annabeth

We collapsed on my bed in a fit of giggles. "All right, now I have something sort of serious to talk about." I told Thalia.

"What's up?" She said.

"You know your . . . friend?" It took a second but then Thalia realized who I was talking about and nodded. "He's missing. Do you think you could look around a bit, or bring him back if you see him anywhere? Maybe let some people know to be on the lookout."

"Of course. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." She didn't sound so sure.

"I hope so. So, are you leaving soon, or are you staying for a bit?"

"Whenever. But Percy will probably want me to come back soon. So, I'll stay until tomorrow night. Does that sound okay?"

"Yeah. You can sleep in here." Thalia conjured up a spare bed a few feet away from mine was suddenly in her pajamas. I turned toward the bathroom, muttering, "Lazybum," under my breath. The door to the bathroom closed behind me, but didn't block out Thalia's laughter.

"I heard that!"

~

Unfortunately, I was woken up the next morning to Green Day playing loudly through my new speakers. New, as in they had never been there until Thalia came. Fortunately, my walls were soundproof and the other Amazons wouldn't be woken from the music.

I slowly dragged myself out of my bed and glared menacingly at Thalia. "You know," I yelled over the music, "Being Queen of the Amazons is harder than it looks. I can barely managed it on a full night's rest. How well do you think I'll do today, after getting," I glanced at my clock, "An hour and a half less sleep than usual?"

She smiled at me. "You're Annabeth, you'll be fine."

I sighed and stood up, stretching. I yawned and walked over to the speakers and flicked the switch to off. I immediately relaxed after the music was gone.

"Partypooper. So, what are we doing today?" Thalia asked.

"I have to bring you to someone you will want to see, and I have to go visit someone in the infirmary." I grabbed fresh clothes and went into the bathroom to get dressed and ready for the day.

"Who am I seeing?"

"You'll find out." I yelled through the door.

"Okay whatever, as long as we can eat first."

"You're just like Percy." I chuckled and exited the bathroom to see Thalia dressed and ready, the speakers gone. "Let's go."

We went to the dining hall, Amazons bowing to Thalia and I when they passed. Neither of us liked it, but I had tried to break them of the habit. It did not work.

We sat down at a table and a few Amazons brought out some food for us. We started to eat when I heard hooves clopping against the ground. "Looks like I won't have to bring you to see someone, here they come."

Chiron entered through a door on the opposite side of the hall and froze when he saw Thalia. "Thalia?" He whispered.

"Chiron?" She smiled and got up from her chair, dashing over to the centaur. She reached him and gave a big hug, which Chiron gladly returned. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to visit Annabeth. What are you doing here?"

"I came to visit Annabeth too. Also, Percy was depressed and it was driving me crazy so I had to get away for a bit."