An Old Dead Friend Speaks

Percy

I pulled Calypso aside as soon as Chiron dismissed us. "Calypso. Is it really you?" I asked, wondering if she would recognize me.

"Yes, I am Calypso. Have we met?" She cocked her head at me. Well, that answered my question.

"Yes, this might help." I lifted my eyepatch to show her both of my eyes. I changed my clothes to those I had worn when I was on her island.

She gasped. "Perseus?"

"Yeah, it's me." I replaced my eyepatch and changed my clothes again to what they had been before.

"How are you?" She smiled. "What happened after you left Ogygia?"

"I'm good. We eventually defeated Kronos but our friend who hosted Kronos was killed. After that we fought Tartarus and his army, and then Gaea and her army. Did Leo tell who we're facing now?"

"Yes he did. I can help. I do have some Titaness powers. I am not sure how powerful they are, seeing as how I was on that island for a long time. I will do my best to help." Calypso offered.

"Thank you."

"Perseus, I'm curious, did you plant the moonlace?" She wondered.

"Yes, I did. It's still in my mom's garden box in our apartment. Listen, seven years ago, did your island feel any different? Did you feel any different?"

Calypso thought for moment. "No, I do not recall any strange feelings. Why?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, starting to pace. "My wish from the gods after we defeated Kronos was, among other things, for you and the other peaceful Titans to be freed. I should have known they would forget."

"Perseus," Calypso placed a hand on my shoulder. "It is all right. Thank you for trying. Thanks to Leo, I eventually became free, that is good enough."

"Okay." I said.

"I must talk to Chiron. It look likes the blonde needs to talk to you. I'm guessing she is the young woman you left Ogygia for, all those years ago?" Calypso pointed behind me and I bit back a curse. I didn't bother looking, already knowing she was talking about Annabeth.

"Yeah, that's her. Thank you, I hope you like Camp Half-Blood. And thank you for helping us fight this war." I massaged my forehead.

"Of course, anything for my friends." She grinned. "Goodbye." Calypso rubbed my arm and walked away. I heard Annabeth start to walk towards me. As she came closer I thought about where we would talk.

"Percy--" Annabeth started to say but I whirled around, grabbed her arm, and flashed us away.

We reappeared on top of Zeus' fist in the forest. Annabeth stumbled and I grabbed her middle to keep her from falling. When she recovered we stared into each other's eyes. I leaned forward to kiss her.

Annabeth turned her head away and picked herself out of my arms. I felt as if I had been slapped. She sat and motioned for me to sit in front of her, which I did. "Percy. Why didn't you tell me you had landed on Calypso's island?"

"I didn't want to worry you, or make you nervous, or whatever it was that you would have reacted like." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay, what about earlier today when you first saw her?"

"I was still working on believing it was her."

She sighed. "Fine. But Percy, you have got to start telling me these things. You say that we'll be completely honest with each other, but I keep finding secrets you have. And Percy, it hurts."