We Light A Ticking Time Bomb

Percy

"The Fifth Cohort." Jason stated as his decision for which Cohort to take with him.

Everyone thought they were the weakest Cohort, that they were cursed. Their legion's eagle had been lost once, and then recovered, and then lost again. They still haven't gotten it back, and the Camp had been getting weaker. Monsters attacked the borders, quests were dangerous, morale was lower. The Fifth Cohort took the blame and since then everyone thought they were cursed.

Nevertheless, I agreed with Jason's choice. If the Fifth Cohort helped us win, possibly even recovered their lost eagle, things would start going better for them. Their reputation would grow. They were great fighters, they just had bad luck.

"Are you sure, Jason?" Reyna questioned his decision. "Why not the First or Second Cohort?"

"I believe in them. If they can do this, it will boost the reputation of the Fifth Cohort. We would no longer be the cursed and weak Cohort. We would be just as good as the others." Jason replied.

"I agree." Nico pitched in.

"Me too." I added.

"Well, I suppose that makes a good point." Reyna decided. "But it wouldn't do much if the rest of the Camp doesn't know about the Greek camp, and what the Fifth Cohort did. Are we planning to tell the entire Camp, or just the Cohort?"

"I was planning to just tell whichever Cohort you chose, but it would be better to tell everyone. Besides, they would find out eventually from the Fifth Cohort when they returned. It would make much more sense to tell everyone at one time." I explained.

Jason said, "I agree. We will gather the five Cohorts. You may want to change into your togas, to show that you are on our side."

"Maybe it would be better if we dressed as Greeks. To show everyone that we aren't lying, and that we are on your side. That Greeks and Romans can work together." Nico suggested.

"That sounds great. It could work." I agreed.

"All right. It is settled. We will gather in the forum to explain the entire situation. Then we will send the Fifth Cohort to collect their weapons and pack, and then you will be off." Reyna stood and her face morphed into one of thinking and planning. "How are you planning to get there? I do not think you will walk all the way across the country to New York."

"I'll create a portal. I might need you to walk through first, Jason, so that the Romans will trust us and walk through." Jason nodded but seemed unsure. "You trust us, don't you?"

"Yeah." Jason replied, but he still didn't look sure.

"I have to introduce you to someone when we get there. I think you will really trust us then," I said, referring to Thalia.

Don't say anything or make a visual reaction. Jason is Thalia's full-blooded brother. I sent a quick mental message to Nico.

His eye twitched. Really? I thought it was just a coincidence that they had the same last name. It makes sense though. Wow. Is that who you're going to introduce him to?

I gave a slight nod and Nico's other eye twitched.

"Okay, Reyna and I will gather the Cohorts. You guys get ready. We'll help you explain if you need us to. Just tell us." Jason offered. When we nodded and said nothing, he and Reyna left.

Nico and I concentrated and soon stood in our Greek armor, with the traditional Greek clothing of the deity we had become underneath the armor. "Get out any drachmas you might have. We might need proof. And be ready to have a conversation with me in Greek at any time, but also in Latin." I told Nico.

"Sure." Nico jingled a few of the golden ancient Greek coins in his hand, and I held a few mine.

"I would ask to borrow Riptide from Annabeth to show them the Greek inscription, but Terminus would have a fit."

Nico smiled at my comment, "Yeah, he would."

We stood in the room and waited for Jason or Reyna or both to return. Nico and I decided we would take turns explaining. After about five minutes, Jason walked back in. He faltered a little when he saw our Greek attire, but composed himself and motioned for us to follow him. I took a deep breath and straightened my Greek armor. Nico did the same.

We made our way through the Camp, getting horrified looks from the Lares, but the campers were gathered in the forum and didn't stop us. We passed the Pomerian Line again and heard Terminus rant about us being traitors, but he didn't stop us because we didn't carry any weapons. We reached the forum and slowly walked into the view of the Romans and stood next to Reyna. Shock filled their faces.

Nico stepped forward and before I joined him, I whispered to Reyna and Jason, "Watch Octavian. I don't trust him." They nodded and scanned the crowd for for the scrawny augur, locking their eyes on him when they found him.

I stepped up next to Nico and opened my mouth. "Well, you're probably wondering why Reyna and Jason called you here, and why Nico and I are dressed like Greeks. The truth is, we are Greeks. Just like the Roman gods are alive, so are the Greeks. Most of them are the same, just different versions of the same god."

"You thought I was the son of Pluto and Percy was the son of Neptune, but I am actually the son of Hades and Percy is the son of Poseidon. What we also didn't tell you, is that we are Primordials." Nico provided.

I continued, "Seven years ago, before I met any of you, everyone's memory of me was erased and replaced with a fake me. They didn't recognize me. I struck a deal with Chaos, the creator, to restore their memory. It didn't work as I had thought, and long story short, they remembered me three years later. In those three years, I had joined Chaos' elite team, beaten and become the Primordial Pontus, but then became Chaos' successor. I am Chaos."

"I joined the team a year later when I died. Then I fought Erebus and became the Primordial of Darkness. That was two years ago. By that time we had fought in three wars. You didn't hear about those wars, because the Greeks fought them. There is a camp like yours, called Camp Half-Blood, in New York. It is where Percy and I received our training. It is like our home."

"The two camps were kept separate because the gods and wise centaur, our trainer, Chiron, knew that if we met all Hades would break loose. Romans and Greeks had crossed paths before, and it always turned out badly. The gods had to erase the memories of those involved."

"But now it is time that you knew about each other. Olympus is being threatened for the fourth time of our existence. The Oneiroi, the personification of dreams, along with Typhon, the giant who challenged the gods in both Titan Wars, are rising against the Olympians. Camp Half-Blood has allies, but one of our allies turned against us and we need more. That is where you come in."

"We have talked to your praetors. The have agreed to help. We will be taking one Cohort with us to fight. The Fifth Cohort has been chosen. Your praetor, Jason Grace, will be accompanying us. I can tell you that any fights between you and the Greeks will not be tolerated. Be warned, you will be in our home. We know it better than you could ever imagine. If you try anything against us, you will fail."

"Eíthe oi theoí eínai mazí mas." Nico and I spoke together in Ancient Greek, and then repeated in Latin. "Dii nostri."

May the gods be with us.