Bob The Not-So-Friendly Titan

Annabeth

I woke up in Percy's arms again. This time we were in a cot in the infirmary, not on the soft beach. Yesterday's events rushed back to me and I shuddered at remembering the dream. Percy stirred when he felt me shudder. "Annabeth? How are you?" He sat up and looked into my face.

"I'm good. Thank you for staying with me."

"I'll always be there for you."

"I know you will."

"Do you want to talk about the dream?"

"Not yet. But we are correct about Typhon, I know that. I'm not ready to talk about the rest." My voice quieted at the end. In my entire life, I had never experienced anything quite like that dream. I doubted I ever would.

"I understand. Tell me when you want to and I'll be there."

"Okay." Percy stood and pulled me out of the cot with him.

"Why don't you go talk to Tammy, make sure she knows you're okay?" Percy offered. "I'll talk to Chiron and Thalia and tell them that you're fine."

"All right." We left the infirmary and went off in different directions.

When I entered the Amazon cabin, every one in the room stood up, relieved to see me. Tammy came forward and hugged me. "We were so worried. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Has anyone else had a dream yet?"

"No, just you since we got here. None of the campers have had one either."

"That's weird. Let's just hope that no one else will have one of those dreams. I know exactly why the Amazons were driven mad. Anyone would after seeing that, I'm just lucky and glad that I didn't." I surveyed the Amazons one last time before leaving the cabin and going to talk to Thalia.

Percy was there talking to her when I reached them. When Thalia saw me she pulled me into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay, Annabeth. That was pretty scary, we didn't know how you would be if or when you woke up. Try not to do that again."

I grinned slightly. "Trust me, I didn't want to do it once in the first place." Thalia smiled back at me. I turned to Percy. "I'm gonna walk around Camp for a bit. I just need to . . . sort through my thoughts."

Percy nodded, understanding. "Try to stay in the sight of at least one person though please, in case you collapse again."

"I will Percy, don't worry." I said and walked away from the two of them.

I walked all the way around Camp Half-Blood. I saw Connor and Travis Stoll hanging out by the lake and eyed them suspiciously. They always had something up their sleeves. Clarisse was training new students and picking on some of them. Luke was helping to train them in swordfighting. Silena was leading the Pegasus flying classes, like she had before she died. I peered inside the Athena cabin and found Daedalus focusing on sketching while nearly half of the Athena cabin watched him. Leo was riding around on Festus and throwing fireballs at the archery targets. Beckendorf was in the forges tinkering away. I saw Tyson in there with him. Zoë, Bianca, and Thalia were at the archery targets and shooting arrows continuously, splitting their former arrows with the next one. Nico was shadow traveling around Camp and scaring the Hades out of anyone who didn't see him until he spoke.

I continued to walk around Camp and watched the various activities happening. I found myself walking behind the Big House. Something was steering me in that direction. I reached the back of the Big House and peered into a window at the bottom, looking into a room in the basement.

It was where Bob the friendly Titan was staying. He was laying on the floor and writhing like I had been when I got one of the dreams. I was about to run to the front of the Big House and then down the stairs to see if he was okay, but then I heard his voice.

"River Lethe. Kronos. Ouranos. Gaea. Thalia Grace. The Piercer. Nico di Angelo. I am Iapetus. Perseus Jackson. Memories washed away. Ethan Nakamura. Sword of Hades. Underworld. Hades. KILL THE OLYMPIANS." Bob sat up and stood, a fierce fire burning in his eyes. I knew right away that his memories had been restored.

"Styx," I said and raced off to find Percy. He was just walking away from the lake. "Percy! Bad news!"

"What is it? What happened?" Percy's palm shimmered as Oblivion started to form in his hand and he pulled me a bit closer to him, while looking around warily.

"The Oneiroi. They sent Bob a dream. He has memories back. He said your name, Thalia's, and Nico's. He said Kronos, and Ouranos, his real name, and a few other things. The last thing he said was 'Kill the Olympians.' Then he woke up." I quickly explained and Percy took off to the Big House.

We passed Chiron on the way and quickly backtracked to talk to him. "Chiron! Bob has his memories back." Percy told him and Chiron took off for the Big House with us trailing behind him.

We dashed through the Big House and rushed down the stairs to where Bob had been staying. He was gone. We found a piece of paper with a note scrawled in messy handwriting. I'm coming for you, Perseus Jackson. You will pay for what you have done.

Percy sucked in a breath and I started to fume. "I knew we couldn't trust him! When he showed up two years ago, I knew it. This is what we get for trusting a former Titan. He's probably gone and joined the Oneiroi and Typhon."

"I'm afraid I must agree. Iapetus knows who he his. The Oneiroi must have used their dream powers to awaken his lost memories." Chiron said as he examined the note.

"Annabeth, would you mind warning the campers and Amazons and my team to watch out for him? I need to talk to Chiron." Percy asked me.

"Sure." I didn't know what he needed to talk to Chiron about and couldn't tell me, but I trusted him to tell me at some point.

"Thank you." Percy said and turned to Chiron. I walked back up the stairs and left the Big House.

I made sure Riptide was in my pocket before walking into the forest. I needed to vent alone. Once I was far enough into the forest that I could scarcely hear the Camp, I let out my anger and frustration.

"I knew we shouldn't have trusted him! I was right from the beginning! The River Lethe is powerful, but not powerful enough to completely wipe a Titan of his memories! Gods!" I paced in circles and muttered to myself. I pulled out Riptide and slashed at a few trees.

"Oh. Um, I'll just go." Leo was guiding his mechanical dragon through the forest.

"Sorry Leo, just having a rough day."

"I can tell."

"Would you mind doing something for me?"

"How can Leo flaming McShizzle help?"

I smiled at Leo's nickname for himself. "Can you fly around on Festus and tell everyone not to trust Bob if they see him. I'll walk on the ground and tell them, but it would help if you flew around too."

"No problem." Leo climbed onto Festus and lifted off.

I smiled and walked out of the forest to warn everyone about Bob, the not-so-friendly-anymore Titan.