I Have The Talk

I Have The Talk

Annabeth

I sent the pegasus off and it flew away after dropping me off on Mount Olympus. Once my senses recognized that I was now on solid ground again, I walked quickly to the throne room to find my mom. I made my way into the room to find two demigods already talking to the Olympians. Percy and Jason.

"--and we know that you've kept them separate for a long time, but we needed their help," Percy was saying. He and Jason must have been telling the gods that they introduced the two camps to each other.

I walked up next to them, ready to help explain if I needed to. I glared at Percy when he caught my gaze for coming here so soon after almost going crazy, but then I turned to face the gods. Zeus and Hera were in their Roman forms, Jupiter and Juno. I understood why Zeus was, but not Hera. I shook it off and listened to Jason and Percy explain, jumping in when needed.

"So, the Romans know about the Greeks, and the Greeks know about the Romans. The Fifth Cohort came with me to Camp Half-Blood to help with the war against Typhon and the Oneiroi. Neither camp knows exactly where the other is located, in order to avoid possible attacks." Jason summarized.

"Well," Jupiter started, "We would have prefered for the camps to stay separate longer, but we understand why. Who did you say it was that turned on you which required the additional allies?" He asked Percy.

"Bob the Titan." Percy stated, and then after seeing the confused and shocked faces of the Olympians added, "It's a long story. He was Iapetus and I managed to toss him into the River Lethe. We renamed him Bob, and he helped us two years ago in the war against Gaea. He was going to help us in this war, but the Oneiroi recovered his memories with one of their dreams and he left," Percy finished.

"All right," Poseidon said. "Keep an eye out for this Titan. Be careful. If he comes back, I would not trust him."

"Dismissed." Jupiter thundered and he along with most of the Olympians flashed out. Jason and I just barely remembered to turn away.

Percy rose to his godly height and greeted his father, having a small conversation with him, and Juno made her way over to Jason. I would have to talk to him or Percy later about that.

"Hello, Annabeth." A woman's voice spoke next to me and I turned around. Athena had shrunk to my size and stood there.

"Hey, Mom. How's Olympus?" I asked, and we started to walk through the godly city.

"Great. Your designs are holding well," She said and I admired the changes I had made to Olympus. It looked much better than it had before the Second Titan War, but then it had been centuries old. Now it wasn't even a decade old yet.

"Good. Listen, I came here to talk to you." I stopped and sat on a nearby bench. Athena sat next to me.

"I figured as much. What is it?"

"What do you know about the Oneiroi? I haven't found many books that talk about them. I thought you might know more."

"I do. They are Hypnos' three sons. They are called the Oneiroi, which is Greek for 'dreams.' They are Morpheus, Phobetor, and Phantasus. Morpheus is the Winged God of Dreams. He can take human form in any dream. Phobetor is the personification of nightmares and creates horrifying dreams. He can take the shape of any animal, like a tiger or bear. Phantasus creates dreams full of illusions.

"The three of them appeared in the dreams of kings most of the time, in the ancient days. They lived on the shore of the Ocean in the West, in a cave. They had two gates which they sent people dreams with. One was made of buckhorn and the other was made from ivory. Before they could send the dreams, their father, Hypnos, had to put the people to sleep. From what I have heard about the dreams you have been experiencing, they have gotten stronger and no longer need their father's help." Athena finished and waited for me to reply.

I let the information sink in. Morpheus had been on Kronos' side in the Second Titan War. I remember Grover's description of him, when he had put Grover to sleep. Tall, wore a long black coat, no shadow, shimmered, and his face was indescribable.

"Morpheus was the one who attacked the Amazon's fortress." I suddenly realized. He had looked exactly as Grover had described him. "He's the one who tried to take me and cut off my hand." I glared down at my celestial bronze hand, vowing to be the one to kill him.

"I am sorry about that. Are you okay? I was worried when Perseus told me." Athena held the metal hand in hers and studied it. "He did well." She admired my hand, muttering slightly under her breath.

"Yeah, he did. I don't know what had happened if I hadn't been able to call him in time." I was so grateful for him. I really did love him. He was my knight in shining armor. My Seaweed Brain. He was mine. No one else's, and I would never take that for granted. "I love him, Mom. With all my heart. I love him so much that it hurts." I glanced up at Athena, smiling so hard my face hurt.

She grinned. "I know you do. You know that I never liked him, because he was the sea spawn. But I am glad he makes you happy. I am glad that you like him so much. He is worthy of your affection. There is no one else I would rather you love."

"Thank you, mom." I beamed and hugged her. Her arms wrapped around me and I smiled wider. I may have the weirdest family ever since they were immortal gods, but I loved them. Especially Percy. I couldn't have asked for a better family.

"I hope the information I gave you about the Oneiroi helps. Please, stay safe Annabeth." My mother gave me one last hug before she started to glow. I turned away and when I looked back, she was gone.

"I love you too, you know." Percy's voice came from behind me as I felt his arms wrap around me. I smiled and leaned back into his chest, snuggling into his embrace.

"Of course I do." Percy pulled my head around and captured my lips with his. When we pulled away I said, "How was the talk with your dad?"

"It was good. How was the talk with your mom?"

"It was good." I grinned. "She told me more information about the Oneiroi which I'll share with all of the counselors when we get back. I'll tell Chiron to call a council meeting tomorrow before we sleep."

"All right." Percy pulled me off of the bench and held my hand as we started to walk back to the throne room to find Jason. "Wanna come see my mom with me?"

"Sure." I loved visiting Sally. She was like my second mom. I didn't think of my step-mother as my mother at all.

We found Jason and Percy explained that we wouldn't be going back to Camp just yet and sent him back. Percy and I poured into the elevator to go visit my real step-mom.