The Traitor Might Not Be A Real Traitor

Annabeth

I woke up in Percy's arms and remembered last night's events. Percy had risked giving up his powers as Chaos just so that he could visit me more often. He had talked to Aphrodite just to fix things with me. I smiled into his chest and snuggled closer to him.

Percy's grip around me tightened and I felt him grin into my hair. "Good morning, Wise Girl."

"Good morning, Seaweed Brain." I told him.

"I think we have to get up. We'll have to talk to Chiron and at the campfire tonight we'll have to tell everyone about the Oneiroi and Typhon." Percy sat up and pulled me with him.

"I know. I just missed this." I leaned against Percy.

Percy captured my lips with his. "Me too."

Percy and I stood and brushed sand off of our clothes. Once we stepped off of the blanket, the entire picnic setting disappeared. "Thank you, Aphrodite." Percy and I said together.

We entwined our hands and started to walk towards the Big House, our shoulders bumping against each other occasionally. I saw Thalia glance at us and smirk, as well as Tammy. I beamed back at them.

We entered the Big House and Chiron greeted us. "I am glad to see you two have worked things out."

I blushed. "Thank you, Chiron." I smiled at him and then stopped cold. Iapetus, or Bob, was sitting in a chair across the room.

"Hey, Bob." Percy waved at him and went to talk to him.

I moved closer to Chiron and lowered my voice. "What happened? You said he was gone!"

"I do not know either. He was gone when I left to visit you, and when I returned he was back. I asked him about it. He said he was visiting Hades in his palace. The campers believed him, but I am not so sure."

"Neither am I. I don't believe he was visiting Hades." I regarded Bob warily. "I'll keep an eye on him."

"As will I."

Percy bounded back over to us and slung his arm over me. Bob swept passed us. He swung his broom back and forth, muttering, "Sweep, sweep."

"I don't trust him." I said once he was gone.

Percy's eyebrows knitted together. "What do you mean? I know he was a Titan, but he took a swim in the River Lethe. He doesn't remember it."

"I don't believe that. When Chiron visited me a few days ago, it wasn't just a friendly visit. Bob had disappeared almost three weeks ago."

"Okay, that changes things. I'll watch him. So, Chiron, what do you know already?"

"There is a new threat against Olympus," Chiron replied and then continued, "the Oneiroi and Typhon. The Oneiroi have been causing the Amazons to have dreams driving them to madness—some of the campers have been as well—and they have been talking about storms. One of the Oneiroi led an attack against the Amazons. He attempted to kidnap Annabeth and harmed her," I lifted my celestial bronze hand at that and Chiron winced at the sight, "But then Percy chased him away. Before he left, he also mentioned storms."

Percy nodded. "That's pretty much everything."

"When will we be telling the campers?"

"Tonight," I stated, "At the campfire. The three of us should tell them."

"All right. I will let you two do what you would like until then. It is good to have the both of you here again. Hopefully, we will arrange a visit after this war, one not caused by an immortal wanting power."

"I hope so, too. See you later, Chiron." I waved goodbye to him and grabbed Percy's hand, pulling him out the door with me.

"Where do you want to go? What do you want to do?" I asked Percy.

"Come with me." Percy said and jumped straight into the lake, which we had just reached. Ripples in the water formed where he had dove in. I shook my head in amusement at him.

Instead of jumping into the lake like Percy had, I calmly walked into it. Percy was working his son of Poseidon magic and I stayed completely dry. Soon I couldn't walk and swam down deeper into the lake where Percy was waiting.

I reached him and he created an air bubble for us to breathe in—well, for me to breathe in. He didn't need it. Percy grabbed my arm and yanked me down onto the bottom of the lake next to him, and I put my head on his shoulder. He put his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

He kissed my forehead and went to kiss my cheek, but I turned my head and our lips locked. Percy's were salty, like always. They felt cool from the water, but warm from the heat of his living body. My fingers tangled in his hair. One of his hands was on my back to hold me closer to him and the other cupped my cheek. Our lips moved together slowly as we kissed each other as if we would never see the other again. After being separated for many years, we would never get enough of each other.

When we finally broke apart Percy held me close and we talked. We talked about how much we had missed each other, what we had done in the past two years, anything. I tried to talk, but Percy ran his fingers through my hair and kept sneaking kisses on my face. I was in the middle of a long story when Percy turned my head and captured my lips with his, breaking off my voice.

"You know how to make a girl stop talking." I said when Percy pulled back. "Was I boring you?"

Percy smiled slightly. "Kind of."

"Would you like me to stop talking."

"Maybe."

"Is there something else you want me to do with my mouth?"

"Kissing me would be nice." Percy grinned and leaned forward. I grinned and met his lips with mine. We pulled away every few seconds for air before returning to our kiss.

We would have been down there until someone came to get us if the conch horn for dinner hadn't been blown. We heard the muffled sound of the horn through the water and reluctantly kicked up to the surface.

Dinner was uneventful, other than new campers gawking at the Amazons and the Chaos team. The older campers were abnormally silent, because they knew what our arrival meant. Other than that, Connor, Travis, Clarisse, Malcolm, and other of our close friends from Camp Half-Blood said hi to me and Percy. Clarisse approved of my celestial bronze hand. Chiron said a small welcome speech, and that the reason for our visit would be revealed at the campfire.

Then we went to the campfire. Percy was on my left and held my celestial bronze hand, the warmth of his flesh traveling through the metal. We started with the regular campfire songs and roasting marshmallows, and then Chiron stamped a hoof to get our attention.

It was time to tell everyone about the Oneiroi and Typhon.