Demigods Fly

Demigods Fly

Annabeth

An Iris Message appeared in front of us. My mother, the Big Three, and Chaos looked through it at Percy and I. "Watch my back while I talk to them," Percy nodded and went to do as I said. "What is it?"

"Typhon has been defeated. He is imprisoned in Tartarus once again, much tighter this time and he will be watched much more closely." Athena glared pointedly at Hades.

"Yes, I'll watch him. Calm down," Hades snorted.

"We will send Apollo to help your army recover. Other than that, we cannot do much. We are sorry." Zeus informed me.

"I must be going. I am still recovering from regaining my powers." Chaos said and he disappeared.

"Can Percy hear now?" Poseidon asked, looking worried.

"Yes, he's fine now. Send Apollo to me and I'll tell him what to do. Th—"

A startled, "Whoa!" cut me off. Percy flew past me, his legs flailing. He rolled backwards when he landed, popping back up immediately. "Hey dad, uncle, cousin, uncle," He greeted before rushing off again.

"Thank you. We'll see you soon." I swiped my hand through the mist, disconnecting the Iris Message. A second later a bright blond god appeared in front of me. "Apollo, good." I sighed, relieved. "Can you get the dead bodies of the demigods and send them back to Camp? Chiron and a few of your children stayed behind to help heal anyone we sent to them. And anyone too injured to keep fighting right now, send them back too. Once you're done, go there and help heal them." Then I quickly added, "Please."

"All right, but how about a haiku first?" Apollo rubbed his hands together and took a breath. "I am—" I put a hand out, stopping him.

"That's okay."

"Fine," Apollo pouted. "Let me help with this first." Apollo placed his hand on my injured side which glowed a dull yellow. When he took his hand away and I lifted my shirt, the jagged cut from Dr. Thorn was gone and so was the pain.

"Thanks," I said, dropping my shirt back into place.

"Don't mention it." Apollo grinned a blinding white smile at me before jogging away.

Soon, the bodies that had littered the field were gone and those on our side who could still fight remained. Our army was smaller, but so was the enemy's. We were slowly making progress and golden dust littered the field. I still hadn't seen Bob or the one remaining Oneiroi.

I found myself fighting back to back with Percy again. "So, what was it like to be deaf?"

"Terrible." Percy shivered and blocked an empousa's strike, pushing her away. "You don't want to have that feeling. I lost one of my most important senses. Being demigods, we have to be on the lookout all the time. The ADHD helps, but after losing my hearing, I realized how much we rely on it," He explained.

"I can imagine. Well, I'm really glad that the gods beat Typhon. That really scared me. You kept tripping and at any moment you could have fallen over and the Oneiroi could have killed you. You didn't hear monsters sneaking up behind you. And, on top of that you can't see out of one eye. It was nerve-wracking." I cut a dracaenae's spear in half and smashed her helmet, squishing her head inside of it. She stumbled, running into a few of her comrades before bashing right into a demigod's sword. She crumbled to dust.

"I know it was. For me too. But it was a temporary thing. Hopefully we won't have to deal with it again." Percy pushed away a hellhound and kissed my cheek quickly, before turning back to the fight.

I fought, keeping an eye on my allies. I saw them falling and winced at every injury or death. Riptide slowly became an arc of destruction in my hands. I saw a monster and I took it out. I barely kept myself from killing Tyson's army. Percy fought the demigods, knocking them out instead of killing them. I did the same to any I encountered. None of us had the heart to kill our kind. Monsters, any day, but other demigods? We just can't.

Percy and I managed to destroy the monsters nearest us and got a moment of rest. We each drank a small sip of nectar, gaining some energy. We were slowing, even as the Oneiroi's army grew smaller. At this rate, we would die from exhaustion. We had to stop the Oneiroi and finish this war before anymore losses occurred.

He and I looked our eyes. We were thinking the same thing. "Let's find Phobetor." I growled.

"Way ahead of you. He's up there." Percy pointed toward the large rock that the two Oneiroi had stood on at the beginning of the war.

Sure enough, Phobetor stood up there, looking smug. He surveyed our fight, not even lifting a hand to help his army. He just watched with a satisfactory grin on his face. Percy flung his hands out and any monsters that had started towards us were directed to another demigod.

Percy intertwined his fingers with mine and smiled at me, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Time to finish this thing. How many times have we said that in the past seven years, do you think?"

"More than I would like." I chuckled but Percy and I quickly turned serious. Percy repaired our armor and strapped a shield on both of our arms. We held our preferred weapons and Percy stalked toward Phobetor and I followed him, glaring at the immortal personification of dreams. He saw us coming and smiled wider. He snapped his fingers, as if calling for something, but nothing happened.

At first.

We had almost reached the rock when a line snaked through the grass, creating a large circle around us. Something that looked like a broom handle sparked against the line and we were surrounded by a wall of fire.

A figure loomed before us. Wild silver Einstein-like hair stuck up in every direction on his head. He wore a blue janitor's uniform and the space where the name tag should have been was ripped. In his hands he held a large push broom. A spear jutted out from the handle. He stood in front of Phobetor, looking completely determined.

Bob stood there, but he was now Iapetus. The Piercer.