Chapter 1- Observation

Stories have the main character(s) and side characters. Each individual has their own stories, it is just the way on how it is given significance and the way it is presented different. Minor characters are very important. Major characters wouldn’t exist without them. Minor characters have major stories of their own, and one has just started.

You are (L/n) (Y/n), someone ordinary. You missed opportunities here and there, but basically still standing, and continuously trying to survive. You have two reliable best friends, whom you try to enjoy your whole high school life with. You know that you would have to meet the love of your life someday, but it would definitely not be him.

The second year grumpy cat from the volleyball club seems shady, which makes him not likable. We sat beside each other in our first year….. until in our second year. We were in the same class again… totally fortunate, right?

You really hate him. He’s got that short spiky hair that's light brown in color, cat-like eyes, fair build and tall in structure. You’ve seen him practice a few times, just as you were passing by. You see him practice… in both playing and cheering. You kind of get him.. people who are born with natural talents are sure to get their places, some work hard for it, and some just doesn’t qualify no matter how hard they work.

Being in the sidelines is great. Without bench players, those playing in the game would be uneasy. You’re not unwanted, even if you would not majorly contribute to the team’s performance.  Someone in the sideline is considered a hero, for someone who boosts the morale of the team, someone who could watch and someone who could endure the experience of not being included in a match.

Maybe it’s because of what you said long ago, that he became a much dependable person now.

~Flashback~

During a time in grade school, a pouty Kinoshita was seen in the sideline during a volleyball match. He didn’t say anything and just watched the match. You were near him watching just behind the sidelines, cheering and screaming on the top of your lungs.

After the match you see him sulking alone in some corner outside the court. Irritated of his attitude, you approach him.

“What gives you the right to not cheer for your teammates just because you’re not in the game?” A little (Y/n) told to little Kinoshita who was nearly crying. You stood long and tall as he held down his head.

Realizing what you had just done, you properly apologized and dashed away. That was one of the most unforgettable and embarrassing experience you had in the time of your childhood.

It was also the time you dropped your beloved handkerchief. It had a light color of (f/c) with a small floral pattern and your nickname embroidered onto it, as well as the initials, ‘K.H.’ You cried for hours after discovering that you lost it but is later replaced by an almost exact replica.

You knew him because you kinda like him. He doesn’t even know you. He has that bright features and personality that made you like him. It’s just that you want to save him, and change him for the better, as someone he doesn’t know.

~Flashback End~

You didn’t know what happened to him after that. It was just a coincidence that you met again in Karasuno High. You still remember him all too well, he still looks the same, just more mature-looking. Remembering your past, you see yourself as a frivolous little pest, who says some embarrassing things once in a while.

The things like you being irritated at him is a lie. In fact, the more you hate, the more you love. You long for him more and hate that you couldn’t talk to him normally. All you could do is just observe him by the corners which is basically not stalking.

~End of Chapter 1~