Chapter 7.5 - Assault

Here's what happened before you found Kinoshita lying on the ground.

Kinoshita's POV

I was able to witness the entire thing and was planning to chase after (Y/n) until the popular guy made an eye-contact with me. The tension was hot but we stared at each other as if we were rivals.

"Oh." Oujiyama said in realization as he walked off afterwards. I felt as if I had just made an enemy. I was slowly making my way back to class until Oujiyama called my attention.

"Hey." Was the only word that I heard before turning and seeing a fist hit my face. It made me blackout.

I woke up to see the surroundings different. It was outside of school and rain was drizzling. I woke up with my hands wrapped around my back. I was immediately confronted by the Tennis club ace Oujiyama Hideo. He showed me my kept handkerchief of (Y/n).

"What's this?" He taunted.

"Give that back. That's (Y/n)'s." I replied but was immediately smacked.

"You got something from her when I didn't receive a thing?!" He replied aggressively.

"No-! That's-!" I was smacked several times after I tried explaining.

"There's nothing good with someone only in the sidelines, unskilled, and boring!" He said as he grew tired of smacking. His words struck me the most. He immediately left and let me go, warning to not tell a soul about what happened. I lied down for a long time and let the time pass by, as the pain was still not going down anytime.

I was very disappointed that I couldn't do anything.

I can't protect (Y/n).

I can't be a proper player.

I can't be a proper partner.

I will never be good at anything.

I saw someone coming towards my direction and called out my name.

"HISASHI!" I heard a voice shout. It was a familiar tone coming from someone dear to me.

"Who did this to you..?" She asked. I couldn't reply due to my terrified demeanor.

"(Y/n)." I mustered up all my courage to speak up, with my throat being hoarse.

"I'm sorry. I don't think we could hang out anymore or even be friends.." I said as I tried getting up. I wanted to end this not because I hate anyone, but because of how I am right now.

I am just a side character.