Chapter 13 - Future

~A few weeks later~

(A/n): I haven't finished reading the manga while writing this, I'll adjust it accordingly.

Kinoshita and the entire team leaped out of the bus coming from Sumida City*, Tokyo where they played against teams from other prefectures. When they arrived, mixed emotions of smiles and tears were present as a herd of supporters greeted them, including you.

You weren't able to attend the entire thing since you have classes, but you were able to come in a few matches since the train fares are also expensive. You were just watching in a television screen, but you can feel the tension even if they're just on-screen.

You continued supporting them at home where you watched replays you missed. You would scream extensively when you saw that Hisashi got to play as a pinch server during their first day match.

"KYAAAAAAAA~!" You screamed as flocks of crows flew away near your house. A relative made you shut up after.

You'd giggle everytime he gets screentime, even if he's on the sides. But you can see his face brimming with support even if he's on the sidelines. He has completely changed from when you first interacted with him as a child.

You came to see the team when they returned after the results of their Nationals, but you were going to be very happy whatever the results are since they did their best the entire time. You immediately gave Kinoshita, who looked very tired, a very big hug that made him hug back, with the others looking at them with awe.

Everyone went back to the court, had their deep talks and went home. You waited for them to finish and then went home with Hisashi, Ennoshita, and Narita.

"Hey, let's throw a party at your house." Kinoshita elbowed Ennoshita with a grin while walking home.

Ennoshita colored and smiled sheepishly. "Don't make it sound more grandiose than it is, Hisashi. I played for ten minutes."

"And I played for five," Kinoshita countered. "But we got to play, Chikara. We got to play."

It didn't escape Ennoshita's recollection for a second that the Nationals was the first official match Kinoshita had ever played on the court. For two-and-a-half years, his best friend had stood on the sidelines, watching as upperclassmen dominated, only to be driven to frustration to the point of walking away.

The three of them just decided to go home since they were all tired from the trip. Walking with the quiet air at night, everyone was cold and silent. Ennoshita bid farewell first then Narita, which left the two of you alone.

"Hey, wanna stay at my house?" Hisashi asked.

"There's so much I want to talk with you about."

"Sure, I already asked for permission and they were cool with it. I will spend the night at your house." You respond as you missed your love so much.

That night were full of cuddles and late talks.

~10 Years Later ~

"Did you ever imagine this happening to us?" Hisashi asked as you both walked the aisle in your wedding ceremony.

"I never imagined any of this, my love." You still have your face covered by the veil, walking inside a marvelous place where your wedding takes place.

You were wearing a beautiful white wedding dress with an accompanying veil that covered your face. Hisashi was wearing a crisp black suit that highlighted his light brown hair. The special things you saw first were your parents and relatives that supported you and your relationship. Everyone in the volleyball club were present in the assembly, looking much better than before. Music from the choir was playing peacefully in the background, setting the mood for this entire occasion.

Hisashi uncovered your veil to reveal your very beautiful face. Your eyes excitingly met with his and exchanged vows (which you both made yourselves) and rings.

"This first time I met you, I knew destiny made us meet. I promise to love you without condition. I promise to give you honor each and every day. To laugh with you when you're happy and to support you when you're sad. I promise to guide you when you ask for direction, to challenge you to be a better person, and allow you to do the same for me. Most of all, I promise to be your biggest fan and your ever present audience just like what I did when you were in Karasuno." You said.

"The first lesson you taught me was to be supportive even if I am not able to play. I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands. I choose you to be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you and trusting who you will become. I will respect and honor you always and in all ways. I take you to be my husband, to have and to hold in tears and in laughter, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward in this world and the next. I was always under the tree, and you freed me." Hisashi said.

Soon, the priest conveyed the biggest question.

"Hisashi Kinoshita, do you take (Y/n) (L/n) to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"(Y/n) (L/n), do you take Kinoshita Hisashi to be your wedded husband, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride."

Cheers from the assembly were heard as the two of you exchanged kisses. It was both of your first kiss as husband and wife, which you both enjoyed tremendously.

That specific kiss sent you far as Hisashi threw his arms around you, hugging you close before kissing you passionately beforehand.

('I want to kiss you, but only in the most connotative way possible, so that no dictionary definition would stand a chance to describe how your lungs could be filled with the sweetest air possible, and yet you would still be so breathless.')

Both of you now start a new life together, as a new page turns ahead.

(A/n):  Sumida City gymnasium is a real-life gymnasium located in Sumida Ward, Tokyo where the Volleyball nationals took place.

I spent so much time to write this so I hope you appreciate my story. This is the end of the line. I wanted to write this since no one appreciates Kinoshita Hisashi enough. I wanted to show a side of him that everyone misses. Thank you for supporting my book! I may or may not publish a special chapter. Back again to you soon!

 Back again to you soon!