Chapter 5 - Paired Activity

You both went to the kitchen after supper. You both unpacked all the ingredients and prepared all the necessary bowls, utensils, and equipment. You had a printed recipe for the cake and began right away.

Kinoshita prepared the pan, lined them up with parchment and greased the sides with some cooking spray. You mixed the flour, eggs, and any other requirements with ease.

You both were in a great pace, you leading the process, and Kinoshita assisting you professionally. You thought it was going smoothly, but you might’ve missed out on a crucial step. You haven’t preheated the oven yet.

“Gyaa-!” You shrieked a little, which made Kinoshita turn around as he was making the frosting.

“W-what happened (Y/n), did you cut yourself?” Kinoshita approached quickly then holding your hands to see any injury.

“I forgot to preheat the oven!! It’ll be past the time I asked for if I will just preheat it now..”

“Phew.. I thought something happened to you, I was really worried. I took care of it awhile ago, don’t worry.” Kinoshita sighed as he presented you a reassuring smile.

“Uhm… thank you.. b-but.. w-would you mind letting go of my hand?” As you said it, he noticed your hands are still entwined, a blush entered both of your faces.

“G-gomen!!” He quickly let go in embarrasment.

“You’re a lifesaver, Hisashi-kun!” You praised as you quickly hugged the said male. His cheeks turned more red as you quickly let go. He was quite soft and smelled really sweet, must be from the baking stuff.

Your paired activity went well as the both of you were finishing up. It looked cute as the cake was color light blue with decorated icing and frosting. It looked sweet and delicious.

You took a picture first before slicing it up to eight pieces. Hisashi got plates for you both and you asked to get for his mom as well. His mom went to the kitchen to taste it with the both of you.

“It’s the best! Thank you Hisashi and (Y/n)!” His mom replied as you both finished up.

As you both finished, Kinoshita went ahead to clean up.

“I’ll clean up (Y/n), just wait up.”

“N-no, I’ll help you.”

“It’s okay, your clothes might get soaked.”

“I don’t mind.”

You were indeed a mess after all the cleaning. Your top is stained and wet. Kinoshita was a big mess as well, and decided to change right away. You dried yourself with a towel given to you.

“Hisashi, get (Y/n) some change of clothes!” His mom yelled as she noticed your wet and stained shirt.

“Got it!” Hisashi replied.

While he was changing, you and Mrs. Kinoshita sat in the living room.

“Nee nee, do you have a crush on Hisashi?” His mom asked, also motioning to get closer.

“AH! UhM- N-n-no!!” You replied with panic as you were asked an unexpected question.

“It was really obvious, you know?” Mrs. Kinoshita replied as she presents a great smile. You only sighed as you gave it out.

“Don’t worry, I’m not against it or anything.” His mom replied with a smile.

After a few moments, he came back with a spare change. It was one of his shirts.

“Huh, what’s wrong?” Hisashi said as he saw you with a really red face.

“N-nothing! I’ll go change right away!” You replied as you dashed quickly into a room.

You managed to cool down. As you changed, the size was overwhelmingly bigger but is enough to cover you up nicely. A smile entered your face as you realized the shirt smelled just like him and of course you didn’t mind. A blushed formed as you realized that you get to take it home.

You both went out as Hisashi sends you off. You both bid goodbye and you thanked both of them. You feel embarrassed as you see his mom wink.

“That was really fun!” You smiled cheekily.

“Yeah.. I wouldn’t mind hanging out with you again.”

Your house was unexpectedly closer. It took just ten minutes to get from his house to yours. Yours just took longer to go to school. Today was one of the best changes in your life.

~End of Chapter 5~