Chapter 8 - Resolution

You haven't met Hisashi after that. A week has passed already and he still hasn't gone to school. Every time you see Oujiyama in the school halls, he always gives you a grinning expression. Something suspicious is definitely happening. You definitely want to know what's going on.

"Should I go to his house?" You asked Shimizu-senpai and others for advice while their training continues.

"I believe it's a good decision." Shimizu replied.

"Go for it, (Y/n). Hisashi may feel down, but he cares about you very much." Ennoshita joins in as he takes a sports drink and goes for a short break.

"Cares for you very much? I think the feelings are mutual (Y/n)-senpai!! Kyaa!" Hitoka fangirled. Ennoshita was shocked to hear Hitoka's statement but chose to remain silent.

"E-eh? Really?" You replied blushing and mustering up the courage to go to his house later.

"We should also find the person who beat him up.," Shimizu said.

"About that, I think I know who did this." Something was definitely up with Oujiyama Hideo this week, but you will need evidence..

"I think we are in the same direction, (Y/n), I have something for you to look at. This was from a friend's." Shimizu described as you all decide your next action. The practice was cut short as everyone gathered around. 

~Time skip~

Oujiyama was coming home from tennis practice with his friends as he sees several people standing in his way. It was you and the entire volleyball club (minus Hisashi). You were in front with Hitoka and Shimizu-senpai by your side. Daichi controls the situation in the back with Nishinoya and Tanaka in his leash, trying to avoid another fight. Sugawara and Asahi are also glaring in the back with Ennoshita and Narita who are ready to do anything in case anything happens. All the first years were also there, with both Hinata and Kageyama's expression being like this:

 All the first years were also there, with both Hinata and Kageyama's expression being like this:

"What do you want?" He mumbled, smirking. He and his friends grinned.

"We need to talk." You said, with everyone glaring at the tennis club guys.

"About what?" He asked, pretending to be dumbfounded.

"You beat up Hisashi, right?" You angrily retorted with your fists clenched and tears starting to form in your eyes.

"That weak substitute player? Like I will." He replied sarcastically.

"HE'S NOT JUST A SUBSTITUTE PLAYER! HE'S MY EVERYTHING! HE'S DOING EVERYTHING HE CAN EVEN IF HE DOESN'T GET TO PLAY. I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH!" You finally snapped. Everyone was shocked by your sudden confession.

"You don't have any proof." He replied, still confident.

"See this?" You presented the video of him smacking a defenseless Hisashi ruthlessly. Thankfully, it was caught up in a surveillance camera on one of Kiyoko's friends.

"I'm going to show this to the police." You glared and spoke to him like a knife. He backed off and started getting scared.

"I-I'M SORRY! I WON'T DO IT EVER AGAIN! I PROMISE! JUST DON'T REPORT ME!" He begged on his knees. Funny seeing someone very popular kneel to someone like you.

"Here.. I'll also give this back! I'M SORRY!" He gave you back a handkerchief. It was the same handkerchief you lost from your childhood. It had a light color of (f/c) with a small floral pattern and your nickname embroidered onto it. You felt nostalgic that you finally have your memento back.

"You.. got this from Hisashi..?" You asked, still not believing that Hisashi had it all the time.

"Yeah.. urgh.." He replied, almost passed out as he was scared sh*tless.

You started to tear up as you finally understood that he took care of it for you all the time. The thing you were going to give Hisashi was already in his possession the entire time. You embraced your treasured handkerchief and prepared to go to Hisashi's house.

You let the incident slip off, but you had the entire scene filmed by Kiyoko-senpai in case something happens again. 

(A/n): I'm back! I swear I'll finish the book this time! Enjoy reading!