Chapter 6 - Hanging Out

~The next day~

During break time, you went together with Hisashi to the faculty room in order to check your output. You were both wearing the standard uniforms and being beside him walking in the corridors with those malicious stares makes you really embarrassed.

You both presented the cake you both have made to Takeda-sensei, the boys volleyball team’s adviser. It was only a slice, since it would be a big hassle to bring a whole cake to school. Plus, three slices have already been eaten, so you couldn’t really present it whole. You also presented him the picture you took of the cake and the grading sheet for him to put his marks on.

“It was really good, Kinoshita-kun, (L/n)-chan. I’ll give you full marks for that.” Takeda-sensei said after he finished eating the cake. He made sure to fill the grading sheet as well. Furthermore, you were presented a big toothy grin by Kinoshita, in which you returned back. You’re really glad that you became his partner after all.

“Nee, wanna watch club practice later?” Kinoshita asked while walking out.

“Sure. I’ll also do my assignments there, though I may not be able to focus.” You replied, grinning a bit.

“You can also ask your friends to go with you as well, so you wouldn’t get bored.”

“About that, I don’t really have close friends here,but Hitoka-chan and Shimizu-senpai are already good company.”

You had friends, but they seemed to distance themselves after the first year. You had no one you were really close to hang out with outside, or even in gatherings. You sometimes think that they tend to dislike you even without doing anything, so you just stay out of it and distance yourself. But now, you may have found close friends you were looking for, the boys volleyball club members and the managers.

“I-I’M REALLY SORRY” Kinoshita said out loud while bowing, causing you to get a bit overwhelmed.

“Nononono it’s okay, it’s really okay. I don’t really mind since I’ve got you guys now.” Still noticing his cute frowning face, you reassured again.

“Come on, don’t be sad! I’ll treat you an ice cream later if you smile.” And with that, he finally smiled. You both went back to class as time passes by.

It was finally dismissal and you went to the court with Hisashi right away, though he visited the clubroom since he needs to change. You tried to finish your assignments quickly, which didn’t go that well since your academics are just average.

You see the three third years and the managers arrive. You waved at them and said hi, in which they returned properly. They went on with preparations right away with the nets, balls, cleaning, and drinks. You were too shy to ask for help since they were busy, so you pretended to scribble as if you knew what you were doing.

Finally, the second and first years arrived, which made the court much lively. You were welcomed by them.. and some went to introduce themselves. You’ve taken a liking to the first year duo, the smol orange boi Hinata, and the stunning blueberry Kageyama. Kageyama was definitely handsome, but for you, Hisashi is way better-looking than anyone here.

As you still try to scribble it away, Kinoshita approached you with a smile, keeping his laughter in.

“(Y/n)…”

“Hm?”

“Why were you drawing circles while looking at thin air?” He said as he laughs, not taking it anymore. You realized you were still doing it, and stopped right away. Curious, you looked around to see if anyone else saw it, and everyone was definitely glancing your way.

“Hisashi, you bastard!” You said as you slapped his arm in embarrassment.

“Ow ow ow” Everyone just laughed.

“Finishing your homework?” He asked while you crample away the pages which you scribbled on.

“Yeah.. I’m almost done, though I’m having a bit of trouble in this one.” You said as you presented a problem in maths.

“I may not look like it, but I think I could help you.” He said, scratching the back of his head.

“R-really??” You said with sparkling eyes.

“Yeah.. but only in this subject, ‘cause I suck at the others.” You both grinned as he presented you a formula and a way of solving it. With that, you finally finished it, and practice started.

You were enjoying watching practice that you didn’t notice the time pass. Practice was over right away, and you went home with Kinoshita, Narita, and Ennoshita.

“Nee, let’s now get pork buns at the convenience store over there.” Narita suggested again.

“Hai hai..”

You bought a pork bun and a soft-served vanilla ice cream. You called over Kinoshita and gave it to him.

“Here, I kept my promise. Thank you for helping me as well.” You smiled at him as you reached your hand with the cone, in which he was hesitant to accept, but finally accepted.

“Arigatou..” He muttered shyly, consuming it slowly. He was licking at the ice cream like a cat does to its milk bowl. He really looked like a grumpy cat, and that was one of his expression that you liked the most.

You and Kinoshita said goodbye as you parted while walking home. Both of your houses were in the same route, but yours were further away. You then noticed that you both already passed by his house, but he still kept walking.

“Uhmm, Hisashi?”

“Yeah?”

“We just passed by your home…”

“I’ll drop you off.” He insisted, with that, you were able to go home safely.

You then dropped by the court every practice. They were your friends now, and you’re glad that they were. You finally had a place you belonged to.