Chapter 9 - Confession

You walked to Kinoshita's house, with Ennoshita and Narita seeing you off. The sunset that looked brilliant red and orange is in the scope of everyone's vision. By the time you know it, the familiar scape of the house is already just a few steps away. As you were about to ring the bell, you were immediately greeted by his mother without her usual smile, obviously worried all week about her son.

"You can come in," She said as she opens the gates with a notion to come inside. The two of you immediately settled in the living room to have a small talk. You took a seat and she gave you tea, soon taking a seat herself with both her hands in her chest.

"The last time he was like this, it was when he started cutting volleyball practice..." Mrs. Kinoshita recalled his first-year incident when the team was trying to get into competitive playing.

"That's very sad to hear.." You reply with a frown. He has definitely gone through a lot.

"May I talk to him?" You asked, determined to bring that usual self of his again.

"Go ahead.."

You gave her a bow as you started to take steps in their newly-polished wooden staircase. You were nervous since you don't know how he'll feel. You knocked on the door to see if he would answer. There was no response but a 'cluck' was heard, giving you permission to enter. You opened the doorknob which reveals a white painted room and the same wooden floors. You were faced by Hisashi in a striped light blue pajama. He had a very messy light brown hair and dark circles settling under his eyes, but he still looked very handsome. His injuries have recovered but you can tell that he hasn't been eating or sleeping well. He had volleyball equipment and gears on the shelves. His desk had books, papers, and picture frames. His droopy eyes snapped open when he realized it was you. He walked back and sat at his bed in the corner his the room.

"Hisashi-kun" You said as he still looked sad. He wouldn't lift his head up high.

"Look," You said as you immediately took something out of your bag. It was your handkerchief. He turned with a surprised look on how it wound up to you.

"Everything's okay now, me and everyone at the volleyball team took care of Oujiyama." You said, caressing his broad back at the same time.

"Here. You can have it back." You handed him the very thing you wanted to give him since childhood.

"I was originally gonna give it to you but I lost it. Thank you for taking care of it the entire time." You said as you opened his hand to make him receive it. He still hasn't spoken a word.

"(Y/n).." He finally whispered.

"I... I like you...for a long time now.." Hisashi whispered quietly that echoed through the silence of the room... You slowly turned around and looked at Hisashi with his eyes looking down at his feet. He looked tense and pressured.

('This is my confession')

"But you don't have to say... anything. At all! I-I know that you like someone else.." every word that came out of his lips... pained him, "you don't really like this but... I just wanted to get this off my chest because... I... I really can't keep this in my heart anymore." The tears falling on the floor and his shaky breaths could be heard resonating in the room. "I'm sorry. I knew this would ruin our friendship.."

('As dark as I am,')

You were definitely shocked by his sudden confession. Tears immediately streamed down your eyes as you give him an immediate hug.

"B-baka! I like you too! Ever since we were young!" You replied with emotion, sobbing into his pajamas. You opened up the handkerchief that you returned and pointed at the initials "K.H."

('I will always find enough light to adore you to pieces')

"This means your name, Kinoshita Hisashi. You really mean so much to me that I wanted to give this to you after your match." You said as you began to calm down. Hisashi wiped your tears with that handkerchief.

('With all of my pieces.' ~Johnny Nguyen)

"I wanted to cherish our meetings and all so I just swallowed all my feelings up. I was afraid that if it was one-sided, I'd never get to hang out with you again." He said. You felt the same.

You gave each other a deep hug knowing that both of your feelings are mutual. He smelled great. The smell of the fabric and his natural scent makes you want to stay in his arms forever.

That is until...

.

.

.

You noticed the snot you left in his shirt.

"AH! I-I'm sorry!!" You immediately apologized. He finally smiles reassuring that all is okay.

A settling mood can finally be felt as the two of you went out of the room with your hands interlocked. His mom looked the happiest, showing genuine support in the upcoming next level of your relationship.